GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Matrix - 10 Disc Boxset £44.99"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/07/04 at 12:53
Regular
(Out on December 12)

Who didn't see that coming? I suppose fans will be buying this version to go with the individual ones they already have. Just like all the versions of Lord of the Rings.

Still I don't see why there need to be so many discs. Lets look at what you get;

Disc One: The Matrix
- All-new transfer supervised by the Wachowskis and director of photography (DP), Bill Pope
- Audio commentary by Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, DP Bill Pope and other cast and crew

Disc Two: The Matrix Revisited (180 Minutes)
- Same special features as previous release
- Offers comprehensive behind-the-scenes look at the first film in the trilogy

Disc Three: Matrix Reloaded Extended Version (190 Minutes)
- New cut incorporating 55 minutes of footage shot for the 'Enter The Matrix' game
- Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Production Designer Owen Paterson, 2nd Unit Directors David Ellis and Kimble Rendall and other cast and crew

Disc Four: Matrix Reloaded Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)
- Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Five: Matrix Revolutions
- Audio commentaries by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, Laurence Fishburne, Special Effects Supervisor, John Gaeta; editor, Zach Staenberg and other cast and crew

Disc Six: Matrix Revolutions Revisited - Special Features (180 Minutes)
- Includes all new footage including dozens of never-before-seen cast and crew interviews, scene dissections, explorations of the production design and special effects, and more

Disc Seven: The Animatrix
- Same special features as previous release

Disc Eight: The Roots Of The Matrix - Special Features (180 Minutes)
- The Matrix and the History of the Action Genre - Examines the many influences of action cinema that make up The Matrix
- Brainiacs’ Revenge - Scholars, Philosophers, Theorists, and Charlatans deconstruct the intellectual underpinnings of the trilogy
- The Science Behind the Fiction – Is the notion of a real Matrix plausible? An investigation of the technologies that inspire the metaphor of The Matrix

Disc Nine: The Burley Man Chronicles - Special Features (75 Minutes)
- The Burley Man Chronicles - The “Human” story of the making of the Matrix, as well as the game Enter the Matrix
- Rave Reel- A club-oriented montage of unused and newly edited footage from Reloaded
- Spoofs of the Matrix -The “Best-Of” these various clips

Disc Ten: The Zion Archive - Special Features
- Zion Archive - Production assets developed for the Matrix universe, including concept artwork, storyboards, drawings, etc
- Basic ROM Features

----

Okay that's everything, anyone likely to get it? Myst you up for this? £44.99 is the Recommend Retail Price so it might go down. Perhaps it would be a good buy during a sale or something, maybe £24.99 :)
Thu 08/07/04 at 10:42
Regular
"lets go back"
Id get this if the price dropped a bit. £45 is a bit steep for what is esentially 3 films ive seen with a bunch of extras that i'll only watch once.
Thu 08/07/04 at 10:13
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Hmmm....me too...better shift 'em now before they become worthless....although may think that 2+3 already are...lol.
Wed 07/07/04 at 23:31
Regular
poke wrote:
>
> Okay that's everything, anyone likely to get it? Myst you up for
> this? £44.99 is the Recommend Retail Price so it might go down.
> Perhaps it would be a good buy during a sale or something, maybe
> £24.99 :)
Yep. I'll have to get rid of all my other Matrix DVDs first though.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Available for pre-order here [URL]http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=285;5;-1;-1&sku=202272[/URL]
Wed 07/07/04 at 12:13
"slightlyshortertagl"
£4.50/disc... Not bad
Wed 07/07/04 at 12:09
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> The Wachowskis are more than a little odd,

plus they're anime fans so that goes without saying :)
Wed 07/07/04 at 12:01
Regular
"That's right!"
The Wachowskis are more than a little odd, they don't like talking to the media (I believe it was in their contract that they didn't have to give any interviews about the two new films) so it's no surprise they haven't done a commentary. They're probably sick of explaining stuff to people who don't get it.
Wed 07/07/04 at 11:23
Regular
The Trainman relates back to Greek mythology of The Ferryman, who transported the spirits of the dead from the world of the living, into the afterlife.

[URL]http://www.theoi.com/Khaos/Kharon.html[/URL] or search for something like The Ferrryman Greek Mythology in Google.
Wed 07/07/04 at 09:13
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
They're selling it on HMV's website.

And commentaries are nice, but it would have been nice to have had a Wachowskis commentary. It would have been nice to know what all that Trainman nonsense was about.
Wed 07/07/04 at 07:21
Regular
Lovely jubbly...what site did you read this on?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.