GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband Usage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 19:51
Regular
Hi to anyone out there who can help me!

I have recently acquired broadband at home and because it's a simple and basic service, my ISP does not provide me with a way of monitoring how much I up/download. I am limited to 1Gb per month and am charged heavily if I go over this.

Can anyone recommend any sites where I can find a program to install on my pc so I can monitor my usage?

I've tried a few searches but am not technically minded enough to know if it's the right product.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Many thanks.

RG.
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Insert Gently"
rowergirl wrote:
> That depends on who's asking ;)

Do i have to ask nicer
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:51
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I was going to buy broadband yesterday but Bt was rubbish, they say I would have to pay £30 just to transfer to braodband.

Freeserve (I think it was) service was £29.99 for a 20x super fast broadband with unlimited downloads. Hurrah!

I'll get that me thinks.
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:44
Regular
"Insert Gently"
im asking...wots ur addy
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:42
Regular
That depends on who's asking ;)
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Insert Gently"
U got Msn messenger rowergirl
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:36
Regular
Good suggestion :) To be honest they've been a right pain. I got the service enabled on Tues last week and it only started working yesterday. They put it down to a "line fault" and were going to send a tech out, but miraculously the problem disappeared last night. No tech can answer my question as to why it's suddenly started working. I figure a tech in the exchange forgot to his job!
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:30
Regular
i think you maybe able to cancel it with notice but don't take my word on it, check the user agreement? you can always call them up and moan that you were misinformed at what the service provided, and that the staff went to great lengths to exaggerate how much downloading 1gbs usage was, throw in a couple of legal mentions or consumer groups and they might be pleased to be shot of you.
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:24
Regular
True, but some companies offer to pay the migration fee if you switch to them.
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:21
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
www.adslguide.org.uk was the only site you ever needed to look at. Not that it matters now since it's probably a years contract.
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:19
Regular
You're right, something's very wrong!!

I researched for ages finding the right product for me, yet I've never heard of pipex - it didn't come up in my searches when looking for broadband providers. A quick look in their website leaves me feeling very disappointed with my choice indeed!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.