GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband Usage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 19:51
Regular
Hi to anyone out there who can help me!

I have recently acquired broadband at home and because it's a simple and basic service, my ISP does not provide me with a way of monitoring how much I up/download. I am limited to 1Gb per month and am charged heavily if I go over this.

Can anyone recommend any sites where I can find a program to install on my pc so I can monitor my usage?

I've tried a few searches but am not technically minded enough to know if it's the right product.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Many thanks.

RG.
Mon 28/06/04 at 19:51
Regular
Hi to anyone out there who can help me!

I have recently acquired broadband at home and because it's a simple and basic service, my ISP does not provide me with a way of monitoring how much I up/download. I am limited to 1Gb per month and am charged heavily if I go over this.

Can anyone recommend any sites where I can find a program to install on my pc so I can monitor my usage?

I've tried a few searches but am not technically minded enough to know if it's the right product.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Many thanks.

RG.
Mon 28/06/04 at 19:58
Regular
"Insert Gently"
what broadband service is it
Mon 28/06/04 at 19:59
Regular
It's BT Broadband Basic, but it shouldn't matter what product it is, is that right?
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:01
Regular
A gig a month?

Christ, how much does that cost?
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:04
Regular
ha call them up and change packages!

I called them ub to get 1mb no limits broadband:

Engineer: i have to tell you about our new 19.99 service.
Me: yes its rubbish
Engineer: It is indeed, i can't believe anyone is stupid enough to buy it
me: true that, 1mb please

you do realise 1gb is nothing? i have had my combuter on for a 5-6 hours, doing nothing but light surfing and a bit of MSN (and 15 minutes on an online game) usage i have downloaded nothing and was out for a few hours with the connection on. and just from that i have use 60 mbs. multiply that by 30 and you get nearly 2 gig.

Unless money really is an issu (and i assume its not ridiculously pressing as you have gone for the extortion package) you may as well pay an extra £4 or £5 and have completely unlimited surfing.

Imagine if you have to download three 30 mb packages thats a tenth of your usage gone. i'd upgrade.

to 512 (what you have with no cap)
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:04
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> A gig a month?
>
> Christ, how much does that cost?

its £20 it is actually the biggest online rip off i have seen in my life ever!
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:05
Regular
I know, 1 gig isn't much but I only use the net for email (god, I hope you guys don't kick me out now LOL!). My music downloading days are over!

it's 19.99 quid a month :)
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:07
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
If you're going to be downloading songs and stuff, and playing games you'll need to change packages, but if you're just browsing that package is fine.

Post in the PC forum if you want help, people will know there.

Scrap that top bit, just read the second bit.
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:07
Regular
Cheers for the advice.
Mon 28/06/04 at 20:12
Regular
pipex (the cheapest respected company i found in my quick search), though there are cheaper with less rep) does 512kb for £23.40 a month.

thats 3.40 more a month and as much as you want. surely somethings not right

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.