GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The best gaming news this year!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/03/05 at 21:15
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
It was 5-6 years ago, and I was sitting in a computer room in Bedfordshire doing my A-Levels. I dreamt of one day going to Uni to do some computer game degree, and get a job at a great computer games company. Ideally at the time, Rare.

I finished my A-Levels and went and got my degree. Came out and realised it is near impossible to get into the computer games industry, without already having industry experiance.

I worked in a BT call centre for 6 months, and felt like hanging myself after said time. Quit and tried to find game employment again. Got d1cked about a bit by various recruitment firms and such like. Finally got in touch with a guy from an AI company looking to hire someone to help make game demos to demostraight his new AI learning algorithm.

This seemed like the best job ever. A superb opportunity! It was. There was just one flaw. They had no funding. Well they got some, it was just given to the wrong company, and 6 months on a dispute over this money still hasn't been resolved and I haven't been paid.

So I've been on the lookout for a new job recently, because living on fresh air has its limits.

So a few weeks ago I went scouring the net looking for computer game companies in the UK and went sending my CV and samples of my work here, there, and everywhere.

Last week I had a call from Free Radical...

Interview was on Wednesday...

Letter offering me a job came today!!! :D

And I sent back my acceptance today!

So after 5 yrs or so, my time has finally come to have my bash at the industry. I'll finally be able to see my name in the credits of some successful video game. Will be a dream come true!

:)
Thu 17/03/05 at 18:49
Regular
"0228"
chatterbox wrote:
> One would like to say, je suis 15 ans, moi trop cher et jai mal le
> dent. Vous aider moi!

That's barely readable.

> One knows french, If one is clever, one could translate the above as
> I am 15 years, Me to expensive, My tooth hurts. Please help me.

"J'ai quinze ans, je suis trop cher et mon dent fait mal. Est-ce que vous pouvez m'aider, s'il vous plait?" would be a better way of saying it.
Thu 17/03/05 at 18:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
chatterbox wrote:
> One would like to say, je suis 15 ans, moi trop cher et jai mal le
> dent. Vous aider moi!

"I are 15 years...You to help me"
Thu 17/03/05 at 18:10
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Congratulations Cooky. You're now living my dream. You lucky person.

By the way, tell them to hurry up the release date of Timesplitters 3, would you? There's a good chap.
Thu 17/03/05 at 11:43
Regular
Chatterbox, shut the hell up, you moronic dicklicker.
Wed 16/03/05 at 19:24
Regular
"Underbean"
One would like to say, je suis 15 ans, moi trop cher et jai mal le dent. Vous aider moi!
One knows french, If one is clever, one could translate the above as I am 15 years, Me to expensive, My tooth hurts. Please help me.
This could also be translated too:
One is 15, One is too young to have a jod, A job one could get is a paper round, one would not enjoy that.
Good day
Wed 16/03/05 at 15:47
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Team17 are recruiting too, everyone's recruiting. Wooooo!
Tue 08/03/05 at 11:34
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Jeeesh! Its only a job for gods sake!
The guy will be made redundant after 6 months and be working as a dustman by Christmas!

:-)
Tue 08/03/05 at 02:14
Regular
"8==="
Cooky wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> What actual job is it?
>
> Programmer/designer.
>
> "Using their in-house tools to set up levels, and script scenes
> etc"
>
> Should be fun.
>
> :)

Feeeeeeeeeeeck that's a good job. :D
Mon 07/03/05 at 14:31
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Sounds like you're going to become a level scripter like me. Welcome to the industry :>
Sun 06/03/05 at 23:32
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
hehe, might have to tell them that and see what we can do!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.