GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE's Under and over-rated superstars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/05/04 at 06:57
Regular
Who do you think in the WWE is overrated, and likewise, who do you think is underrated?

Whilst most people think that the whole of Smackdown's Cruiserweight division is underrated, you can only select two superstars for each catagory. ;c)

Anyway, for me it would be:

Underrated :: The Hurricane

C'mon, WWE could have done so much with his gimmick. He could be Intercontinental Champion right now, had WWE not messed him about, and stuck him on Heat.

Underrated :: Rico

Man, he is my favourite Smackdown superstar right now. I'm glad he's in a decent storyline, one that makes me laugh every time I see him wrestle. He's a good wrestler too. Just look for some of his matches as Rico Constantino (I think that's what he's called)...when he had a mullet... :cD

Overrated :: Rob Van Dam

You can't spell Overrated with an R...a V and a D...

Sure, he's pretty good in the ring, but his mic skills suck.

Overrated :: John Bradshaw Layfield

This may be just an Internet thing...but he is way overrated. He's a boring wrestler who can do a few basic moves, a clothesline and a few other powerful moves. His mic skills suck, and he really shouldn't be main eventing Smackdown. Sure, he was brilliant in the APA as a face, or the Acolytes as a heel...but I'm not liking his JBL gimmick.
Tue 18/05/04 at 14:25
Regular
"..."
DW wrote:
> Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho at Bad Blood! That could lead onto big
> big things. If that is the case, let Benoit keep the title at Bad
> Blood, then have Jericho go over him and win the strap in a Ladder
> Match at Summerslam!

Without wanting to spoil things too much...it's Benoit vs...well, NOT Jericho at Bad Blood.
Sun 16/05/04 at 20:54
Regular
Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho at Bad Blood! That could lead onto big big things. If that is the case, let Benoit keep the title at Bad Blood, then have Jericho go over him and win the strap in a Ladder Match at Summerslam!
Sun 16/05/04 at 19:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
For a big guy Kane is an impressive athlete though, and his character has always been interesting...they still need to make him more of a monster. Hell, only a few months back he had then Champion Goldberg beat with a Chokeslam...but someone interfered, can't rememer who.

As I've said, don't rate Edge.

Christian is far more entertaining, but to ever be a true contender for the World Title needs some added dimensions to his character.
Sun 16/05/04 at 12:40
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of either man as singles competitors. They're good wrestlers, but importantly, they're not great. It's impossible to have them join forces again to become a long-term tag team again, which is a shame, so I don't really see anything left for them. Edge'll probably get a title run some time down the line, but I really can't see Christian getting anything like a credible run whilst staying on Raw, or even with WWE period.
Sun 16/05/04 at 12:20
Regular
I agree with Ant, I don't see what the fuss is about Edge, I personally always preferred Christian from their E&C days.
Sun 16/05/04 at 11:58
Regular
"One Man Landslide"
Kane doesn't really bring much to the table, for me. Sure, he's a big guy, meant to be scary and such, but let's face facts, when you have talent like Jericho, Edge, Helmsley and even HBK challenging for a wrestler as good as Benoit's title, Kane doesn't really come up to scratch, for me.

I think he could be used best by incorporating him into the edge of the title picture, and giving someone like Shelton or Orton the rub in about a year or so. He's not title material, and if he was chosen to carry a strengthened Raw brand after such a credible champion as Benoit, I'd fear for the Raw title picture all over again.

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho? Now there's a title match I'll salivate ALL over...
Fri 14/05/04 at 16:42
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Under-rated:
>
> Chris Jericho (criminally underused since his world title reign)
> Kane (also criminally underused)

I think the feeling backstage is the same, and that in the up and coming months, both of these two will be in the title picture. I'm really hoping that both of them get to hold the strap throughout the rest of the year.
Fri 14/05/04 at 16:20
Regular
"Eat a Burger"
I admit, Edge is a good wrestler. He is well rated plus he brings that little bit extra to the WWE in this crises period.
Fri 14/05/04 at 15:50
Regular
"I like cheese"
Over-rated:

Edge (too boring and annoying for words)
JBL
The Dudleys (yawn...better as heels though)

Under-rated:

Chris Jericho (criminally underused since his world title reign)
Shannon Moore
Kane (also criminally underused)
Thu 13/05/04 at 22:24
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Overrated

Batista (Rubbish...)
John Bradshaw Layfield (Main eventing Smackdown? NO!)

Underrated

Chris Jericho (He should be main-eventing RAW right now.)
Ultimo Dragon (Being wasted big time. Give him the Cruiserweight title!)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.