GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Ashes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 12/11/06 at 12:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Discuss the Ashes here.

First up, which would you pick - Chris Read or Geraint Jones?

It would have to Chris Read for me. I just think he's better in all areas of his game than Jones. Fletcher doesn't seem to think so though...
Fri 15/12/06 at 14:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It's looking pretty bleak at the moment. Wickets are going to have to fall pretty quickly as I don't feel confident that England can chase even a medium target.

To Shrimper's point, I think Collingwood has been our best batter this series.
Fri 15/12/06 at 13:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
119-1... for the first time in this test, we're seeing some decent, consistent batting by the looks of things. Damn!

I hope we can get some wickets tomorrow and are able to end up with a target that can be met, otheriwse I'll also be not overly amused tomorrow!
Fri 15/12/06 at 10:07
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
It looked to be going so well with bowling then they realised they had to bat. Cook hasn't really impressed much and Straus got his highest of the ashes 40 ish. I think our batters, except Pieterson have not performed and could this give Ed Joyce a chance for the next test if we perform badly on our next innings.
Thu 14/12/06 at 17:07
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Fantastic stuff by Monty and Harmy. I hope Strauss gets a big score tomorrow: he's starting to recieve some criticism recently about his performance but he can perform. Hopefully England can really put the pressure on Australia.
Thu 14/12/06 at 15:50
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Great to see Monty and Harmison back to doing what they do best, let's hope things go a little better this time!

Yet to see any highlights for me to make a concrete decision about anything, but it sounds like this pitch is better suited to bowling so far...
Thu 14/12/06 at 15:36
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
I think the england pickers should have a long hard look at why they didn't choose the mont earlier in the ashes as it could be a whole different story. I have to say good to see Harmison back to his best.
Thu 14/12/06 at 15:23
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It took Monty only 7 balls to get a wicket and made 5-92.

It's a shame England lost a couple of wickets early on and Collingwood was very fortunate to still be in. Should be pretty close I think.
Wed 13/12/06 at 10:18
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
We wont the Monty for the third test and i bet he getssomeone out within his first 5 overs.
Mon 11/12/06 at 16:36
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Going back to my original point in the first post of this topic, what has Jones done in the last 2 tests that Read couldn't have done and maybe done better?

I haven't seen any evidence so far to suggest that Jones has been better with the bat than Read would have been.
Mon 11/12/06 at 16:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
3rd test starts on Thursday the Perth pitch is looking good for the spinners so hopefully Panesar will be recalled to the team.

We really need a win to keep ourselves in it a draw means we need to win the final 2 tests to retain which will put too much pressure on the players.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.