GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"British Troops torture pics may be fake!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/05/04 at 12:07
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
In todays Mail on Sunday, there is a list of reasons why those pics showing British troops torturing an Iraqi may be fake, here they are:-

1. Each scene is remarkably static, with no sign of movement that would occur in such a vicious attack.

2. The pictures seem to be of remarkable quality.

3. If the victim did have a broken jaw and had teeth knocked out, why is there little sign of this on the mans shirt? And beleive me, if this had happened, there would have been a lot of blood, i know.

4. His T-Shirt shows the old Iraqi flag. According to reports, the victim is from the Shia stronghold of Basra, where hatred for all it represents is widespread.

5. Experts say the victim shows no sighs of being in such a violent attack. He should be in the foetal possition, with tense muscles. He is not.

6. He was supposed to have been hit in the genitals with the butt of a rifle, but he made no attempt to close his legs, usually an instant reaction.

7. The rifle being used is suspect. It is in strangly good condition for a rifle in a combat zone.

8. The soldiers ammunition webbing was left open, a breech on Army regulations.

9. The soldiers boots were not laced in in the standard Army way.

10. Tactical/ Unit badges should have been on the soldiers right arm, they were not there in the pictures.

11. The troopers kit looks brand new, like it could have been from Millets or the Internet.

12. The soldiers hands look very soft-more like clerical hands than those of a soldier in a combat zone.

13. The mirror claims the pictures were taken with a digital camera, but photo experts say these pictures are normally in colour.

So, very suspect indeed.
Tue 04/05/04 at 19:33
Regular
"Not a Jew"
>" 13. The mirror claims the pictures were taken with a digital camera,
> but photo experts say these pictures are normally in colour."

You don't need to be a an expert to know that.

And I'm 98.43% sure those photos are fake.
Tue 04/05/04 at 19:03
Regular
I'm not sure what PCT stands for, but from the context I'd assume it'd also be fair to suggest the PCT view could be:

Release fake photos implicating 'allies', to make it look like you're not the only ones horrendously abusing people, and maybe it's more 'normal'.
(And also what Darwock said too)

I'm not saying it happened, not by any means.
But I like my conspiracy theories, and after the whole Florida election thing, I know there must be some powerful republicans whose morals wouldn't even twinge while setting it up.
Not that that means it happened.
Tue 04/05/04 at 14:38
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Shocker, the army is trying to deny it? What else are they going to say after such a leak?

The PCT view on this would be, detract attention from the genuine American photographs by releasing faked ones which take over the headlines, and are then revealed as untrue, making the US atrocities not seem so bad after all.
Sun 02/05/04 at 22:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
unknown kernel wrote:
> Skarra wrote:
> Mail on Sunday
>
> I rest my case.

Because the Mirror is a bastion of impartiality?
Sun 02/05/04 at 22:02
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
cipro wrote:

> Either way I think the photo's will go a long way to make it a lot
> more dangerous a place for both American and British soldiers to work
> in Iraq, and as quoted from the BBC web site "What happens to
> the next British soldier who is taken hostage?"

Probably the same as what happened to quite a few of them before, get tortured, scared for their lives and then eventually murdered in cold blood
Sun 02/05/04 at 16:16
Regular
"relocated"
Skarra wrote:
> Mail on Sunday

I rest my case.

I don't know whether these photos are real - I've not even seen them - but, from what Amnesty are saying, torture is widespread; and if this gets it stopped then good.
Sun 02/05/04 at 16:01
Regular
"A man with a stick"
It's those little things that just don't convince me these photo's a real, like how one of the soldiers is wearing floppy hat when British soldiers only wear Berets or Helmets, or just how clean that rifle is, in fact it looks brand new and according to some sources could actually be an SA80 MK1 which isn't used by the British in Iraq.

Either way I think the photo's will go a long way to make it a lot more dangerous a place for both American and British soldiers to work in Iraq, and as quoted from the BBC web site "What happens to the next British soldier who is taken hostage?"
Sun 02/05/04 at 15:52
Regular
Found some.
Sun 02/05/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Probably samples of them on news sites somewhere.

Check the Daily Mirror site, actually.
I would, but I don't want to burn my eyes with their evil.
Sun 02/05/04 at 15:44
Regular
Are these pics on the internet somewhere, if so... link please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.