GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters 3 - EA-Style..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Timesplitters: Future Perfect'.
Fri 18/03/05 at 14:01
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Thought you were getting 8 v 8 online? Sorry, it's going to be 4 v 4 on the PS2.

"We know you're all eager to see the best possible version of the game as soon as possible, the decision on the number of players supported was the best way to achieve both these things." - EA Spokesmonkey.
Fri 18/03/05 at 14:01
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Thought you were getting 8 v 8 online? Sorry, it's going to be 4 v 4 on the PS2.

"We know you're all eager to see the best possible version of the game as soon as possible, the decision on the number of players supported was the best way to achieve both these things." - EA Spokesmonkey.
Fri 18/03/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
"We're very eager to get the game out as soon as possible hoping to capitalise on its name and make as much money as quickly as we can and to hell with the overall quality of it" - EA Spokesmonkey :-D
Fri 18/03/05 at 14:07
Regular
"8==="
4 is the magic number for Goldeneye excellence.

I wouldn't be too disappointed.

Edit: oops just got up, 4 v 4 you say? Hmmmmm.
Fri 18/03/05 at 14:09
Regular
"8==="
Surely you can have an 8 player free-for-all too? or 4 teams of 2?
Fri 18/03/05 at 14:50
Regular
As a nonline person when it comes to PS2, I just want the regular multiplayer mode to be as good as it was in Splitters 2, but with a few details brought back in from Splitters 1.

I entered a survey with Eidos a while back and mentioned this point - I'd like to see the end of game statistics brought back. I always enjoyed looking at the break down of who shot who and how many times etc... rather than just the brief stats in Splitters 2. Given the feedback I got, I was hopeful, but now that its EA, they might not want to confuse our small brains with those "number" things. Worst case scenario, it'll be "Winner" and "You're so close, here, have prize anyway".

Last point... if I have to listen to Franz Ferdinand in yet another of my favourite games... (I really can't say this online). That reminds me - I'm hoping the tracklist in GT4 is like the one in GT3, allowing you to switch off tracks you don't like. SSX 3, Burnout 3, GT 4, probably others I haven't spotted - its all too much. Was it Churchill 2 of the non-Winston kind that said "Gho Hhome"
Fri 18/03/05 at 15:46
Regular
": ("
F**king hate EA so much.
Fri 18/03/05 at 18:48
Regular
"Catch it!"
Why you hate them?
Fri 18/03/05 at 18:51
Regular
"8==="
Because they flood the market with mediocre licenced games.
Fri 18/03/05 at 18:59
Regular
"Catch it!"
Don't you like their games then?
Fri 18/03/05 at 20:37
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh.

TS3 in 6 days.

That's good in my book.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.