GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resi 4 almost done"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sat 09/04/05 at 20:53
Regular
"Pwned"
Got back today from Austria (In real life of course) and defeated *you know who on chapter 5-3 and went all the way to chapter 5-5 and on Lord Saddler himself. Shame about the helicopter being blown up, but still...

I can not begin to describe this game in my own words. I would sell all my other games just to get Resi 4. Infact, I would even chuck my phone away for Resi 4. Heck, I'd chuck my clothes away for it.

I just wanna say... Capcom - I love you!!!!!!!!!!! And that Lord Saddler is damn hard.

* Didn't want you spoil it for people who haven't got this far.
Mon 11/04/05 at 22:53
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> I reckon we will probbably see another Resi game out on cube before
> it reaches the end of its shelf life.

Nah, that'll only be another year, if that. Resi 5 is going to be made for next-gen, although it seems maybe without Shinji Mikami.
Mon 11/04/05 at 22:52
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
gerrid wrote:
> Why on earth would Chris or Claire Redfield have anything to do with
> the President's Daughter's kidnapping.
> I don't think Chris and Leon have ever met, ever. It would have made
> 0 sense.

Yeah i guess but it would have been nice to have another character appearance dont you agree? i always thought the merchant might develop a bit later on in the game but to no avail.

Who would you have had made a surprise appearance?
Mon 11/04/05 at 22:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The plot could have thickened out after you discover that the whole thing is being coontrolled by Lord Saddler in Chapter 3/4. Adter that, the rest of the plot is pretty much a foregone conclusion. The mentions of Wesker aren't really hugely important, and they could have added in loads of stuff there to tie it all in with Umbrella, etc. But the quality of the gameplay in the 2nd half of the game more than makes up for any plot shortcomings.
Mon 11/04/05 at 22:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Why on earth would Chris or Claire Redfield have anything to do with the President's Daughter's kidnapping.
I don't think Chris and Leon have ever met, ever. It would have made 0 sense.
Mon 11/04/05 at 22:47
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Pringle28 wrote:
> The story also seemed to be lacking alot of depth and so much for the
> varying central eurpoean locations! A spanish village placed right
> next to an island factory motropolis!! It didnt really tie in with
> the plot too much. I also felt that Ada's constant appearance began
> to get quite irritating. "Ada appears to save the day, leon
> rejoices, Ada decides to leave once again, leon mournes"

What I didn't like about Ada's appearances and disappearances in the game (and this goes for Luis as well) is they just didn't stay around long enough. Would have been nice to have Ashley replaced with Ada as a proper secondary character for a bit.

Yep, you have that bit where you and Luis have to fight against the ganados in that house seige, but a bit like that with Ada would have been cool.
Mon 11/04/05 at 22:45
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
gerrid wrote:
> Ada and Leon met in Resi 2, they sort of fell in love, but then ADA
> kept dying and coming back to life and then dying again and then
> disappearing.
>
> Krauser is a new character. All that we know about him is from Resi
> 4, where Leon says that he is supposed to have died in a helicopter
> crash 2 years ago.
>
> And the old Resi games were as Linear as a line, but you just didn't
> notice because you spent half your time just running from one room to
> another delivering squares into square shaped holes and so on. The
> pacing of Resi 4 is perfect.
>
> Also, look up the meaning of the word "metropolis". The
> island is just a research facility, it's not unbelievable at all.
> Have you played Code Veronica? That has a massive research facility
> on an island, a huge mansion and another research facility in
> Antarctica.
>
> The story wasn't as detailed as some of the other Resi's, but that's
> mainly because there wasn't much to find out about the Las Plagas,
> whereas the whole Umbrella conspiracy lends itself to A LOT of
> secrets and a lot of plot twists with characters and the like. I
> prefer Resi 4 by a long way, although the storyline is better in Resi
> 2.

You say Krauser is a new character but there is a moment when Leon says "Krauser, you used to be a good guy!" I think it might have been just after he dies. He must have appeared in a resi game somewhere along the line.

yeah I agree. I prefer Resi 4 just because its alot more fun and engrossing however if it just had a little more story It would have just iced the cake for me. Oh and I would have loved a previous character to have returned at the end.

For example: Ada flys out on chopper and leaves leon alone with Sadlers ressurected form. Leon holds it off with shotgun rounds for a good couple of minutes before another chopper flys in overhead and two figures slide down troop lines to the platform. Chris and Claire Redfield stride into view assault rifles in hand to help Leon finish Sadler off for good!

I reckon we will probbably see another Resi game out on cube before it reaches the end of its shelf life.
Mon 11/04/05 at 22:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Ada and Leon met in Resi 2, they sort of fell in love, but then ADA kept dying and coming back to life and then dying again and then disappearing.

Krauser is a new character. All that we know about him is from Resi 4, where Leon says that he is supposed to have died in a helicopter crash 2 years ago.

And the old Resi games were as Linear as a line, but you just didn't notice because you spent half your time just running from one room to another delivering squares into square shaped holes and so on. The pacing of Resi 4 is perfect.

Also, look up the meaning of the word "metropolis". The island is just a research facility, it's not unbelievable at all. Have you played Code Veronica? That has a massive research facility on an island, a huge mansion and another research facility in Antarctica.

The story wasn't as detailed as some of the other Resi's, but that's mainly because there wasn't much to find out about the Las Plagas, whereas the whole Umbrella conspiracy lends itself to A LOT of secrets and a lot of plot twists with characters and the like. I prefer Resi 4 by a long way, although the storyline is better in Resi 2.
Mon 11/04/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Just completed it on normal! I think it was a little too linear for a resi game. They seemed to have replaced the intensity of puzzles and challenges with the new shooting system which dont get me wrong is incredible and makes the game alot more fun but I somewhat feel the game lacks alot of depth.

The story also seemed to be lacking alot of depth and so much for the varying central eurpoean locations! A spanish village placed right next to an island factory motropolis!! It didnt really tie in with the plot too much. I also felt that Ada's constant appearance began to get quite irritating. "Ada appears to save the day, leon rejoices, Ada decides to leave once again, leon mournes"

On the subject of Ada I know she is from Resi 2 but does anyone want to give me a brief biography for her and what her original relationship with leon was? Likewise for Klauser as I dont really know anything about him?
Mon 11/04/05 at 21:20
Regular
"the burning sky"
MrGlitch wrote:
> Tomm wrote:
> And you have the crossbow monks on the perimeter.
>
> oh, god no! ive just got to the hedge maze, where a was mauled by
> freak dogs..

Just beat the first blind dude. Was surprisingly easy for pro. Tho' i find now i can only be bothered to play an hour max every nite. Got absolutely slaughtered in that large hall with all the monks.
Mon 11/04/05 at 17:42
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Tomm wrote:
> And you have the crossbow monks on the perimeter.

oh, god no! ive just got to the hedge maze, where a was mauled by freak dogs..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.