GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's your recent DVD purchase?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/02/04 at 19:47
Regular
Before DVDs came along there was VHS. I never bought a single movie on VHS, my brother only bought 3 (SE Star Wars) and my younger brother about 10 (a mix of 80ies films like Planes, Trains & Automobiles and Red Dwarf).

But now we seem to buy DVDs all the time, collectively we have just under 200 DVDs now and we buy atleast 1 DVD a week as a family. (we used to rent a lot but we dont anymore and the nearest cinema is 30 minutes drive away). I guess it is good news for the television and film industries. Anyone else noticed that they're buying more DVDs than they did VHS?

My recent DVD purchase was Donnie Darko Prism Edition. At a very nice price of £4.99 to encourage those who wouldnt have bought the film otherwise, despite having no special features. It's a very interesting and unusual film nothing like I've seen before.

I also pre-ordered a DVD boxset. Most of you are too young and would probably confuse it with the awful Matt LeBanc movie that came out years ago. It's the Lost In Space Series 1 boxset. 8 DVDs, 31 episodes, a collective running time of 23 hours and 42 minutes (possible marathon attempt?) At a nice price of £39.99 "DANGER! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!"

Anyone else buy anything on DVD lately?
Page:
Wed 16/11/05 at 21:45
Regular
"Under the Wall"
Ghost in the Shell - Standalone Complex is here.

Will get into it tonight, I think.
Wed 16/11/05 at 19:03
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Carlito's Way: Rise to Power

Carlito's Way was class, but this one hasn't got Al Pacino.
Mon 14/11/05 at 00:10
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Phantasm 1-4 Boxset - I luv Anchor Bay 4 eva!
Did you get the awesome ball boxset?

Edward Scissorhands - tin boxset
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Deluxe ed
Batman Anthology
Cinderella gift set
Sun 13/11/05 at 01:47
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Chubby Brown "King Thong".

I really wish I could e-mail you a punch in the face for buying that crap.
Sun 13/11/05 at 00:13
Regular
City of God, and War of the Worlds arrived today.
Sun 13/11/05 at 00:07
Regular
Neon Genesis Evangelion - End of Evangelion

My head still hurts!

All the things that link into it from the series, the anti-AT field angel,Shinji's 'instrumentalism' when he merged with Unit 01...
And no doubt there are plenty more bits to work out when I watch the whole thing again.

I loved the original final 2 episodes, but the 'extra' 2 added so much more as well...

Teachers Series 1-3 arrived today, will be watching it soon. I hope the first ones were as good as I remember them, it's been a long time.
Sat 12/11/05 at 20:36
Regular
"Touched!"
Chubby Brown "King Thong".
Sat 12/11/05 at 14:19
Regular
Peep Show Series 2 - awesome.
Sat 12/11/05 at 13:19
Regular
"Kaiserfan"
Extras Series 1-10/10 SHEER BRILLIANCE
Live 8-8.5/10
Thu 10/11/05 at 22:12
Regular
"I'm Great."
Well the most recent one I got for myself was Jay and silent bob strike back. For Christmas I know I have Transformers takara headmasters, Clerks and Chopper. Got a few others for family presents on the way and such though.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.