GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stray Cat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/01/04 at 17:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
A little ginger cat (with no collar or anything) has just come and plonked itself in my kitchen and started munching bits of beef my dad has cooked for dinner. It's been laying on its belly whilst my sister scratched/tickled its stomach too. Altogether now, "Awwww"

Can you just keep a stray or do you have to put up flyers and stuff?
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:32
Regular
"SOUP!"
It's ok, we cooked it.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> And the ladies turn into mindless fools when you break out the kittens.

I turn into a mindless fool when they break out the puppies...ahem.

Yeah, it's really cruel to just keep a cat that turns up at your house, eh, Snuggly. You should probably try and find out who owns it, because it might have belonged to an orphan or something. And the orphan probably sold it's dead father's pocketwatch to pay for a leaflet campaign, or something.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:15
Regular
"That's right!"
"It was a DREAM!"
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:14
Regular
"SOUP!"
Imagine how I felt when I killed my sister!

But we dont talk about that.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:11
Regular
"That's right!"
Ha ha ha ha. That's an amazing story (except for the suffering of the cat)

My sister's cat's an absolute rebel. He's been to the vet about a dozen times, and he's not even 2 years old. He stayed with us for a while, before my sister moved out. I was training him to climb the attic ladder (he was doing well) when the phone rang and I climbed past him on the ladder to get it.

As I talked, I heard a dull thump, and when I turned around to my horror I saw my sister's tiny kitten dead on the ground. Of course, he wasn't really dead, after a few seconds he got up, shook it off, and went for a wander, but I nearly had a heart attack when I thought I'd killed my sister's kitten.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:08
Regular
I saw a car hit a cat at about 60mph. the cat was coughing up blood and looked to be in a lot of pain. I was going to hit it with a large branch, but a girl I was with persuaded me to take it to its owner (it had a nametag). After extensive treatment it lived, and is now well.

The cat turned out to be that of some lad who was a couple of years older than me, who hung out with some mutual friends. I didn't know this. One night at a party, he swung for me. He missed as he was pretty wasted, and I of course had no idea what was going on, until someone told me afterwards that he was rather unhappy that I wanted to clobber his cat.

It doesn't pay to do what you think is the right thing. Still, the guys a cretin and next time he tries that sort of thing, he'll be getting a knuckle sandwich.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cats rule.

I shall always have one.
Sun 18/01/04 at 19:05
Regular
"That's right!"
Never had a pet die (goldfish don't count)

My cat is 16 and still going strong. My parents won't get another after she departs, but I'll be getting myself a kitten when I move out. I mean, come on, cats are great. And the ladies turn into mindless fools when you break out the kittens.
Sun 18/01/04 at 18:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
A cat, not a stray, used to come around to my house lots. It was a really well looked after Burmese cat (theyre really expensive, like Siamese only up a notch) But we found it laying dead at the side of the road one day when we were walking up to school (I was only about 8, bless me) Broke my heart it did
Sun 18/01/04 at 18:56
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Then one day it just stopped appearing. Either it moved away or it
> was killed.

hmmm, I have ginger fur around the wheel arch of my car. perhaps these two events are linked.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.