GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Taxi Driver"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/01/04 at 12:12
Regular
Who saw this last night?

It was on ridiculously late really (started at 11:10, finished at 01:15) and knackered me for today (had to get up at 07:30) but it was more than worth it.

Powerful, brilliantly acted and superbly written - it is well deserving of it's classic status and place among some of the greatest films of all time. It was the film that "made" Robert De Niro, and after wanting to see it for a huge amount of time, I'm not disappointed.

Excellent.
Wed 28/01/04 at 14:09
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> it details a story almost identical to the plot in ravenous, I wonder
> if it was based on it?

It is I think. There is a "Cannibal : The Musical" by the South Park creators, that is the story of Alferd Packer. Its crap though.
Wed 28/01/04 at 14:00
Regular
As we were briefly discussing the film Ravenous in this thread, I thought I'd mention this link :

http://www.crimelibrary.com/ serial_killers/history/alfred_packer/ index.html

it details a story almost identical to the plot in ravenous, I wonder if it was based on it?

that is all.
Wed 21/01/04 at 17:43
Regular
*notices tagline*

Did you see The Godfather Part II with Robert De Niro as Vito Corleone?
Wed 21/01/04 at 15:28
Regular
"thegodfather"
saw this at the pictures absolutely years ago, still one of his greatest performances.
Tue 20/01/04 at 19:31
Regular
Yeah, Ravenous wasn't as good but it wasn't a bad film. Certainly not stupid.
Mon 19/01/04 at 13:37
Regular
"That's right!"
I saw Taxi Driver on video a few years ago. Didn't know what it was about or anything about it at all (save for the "Are you talking to me?" speech)

Thought it was... different. I've got it on DVD (haven't watched it yet) and I've been meaning to get around to watching it again to give it a second chance.
Mon 19/01/04 at 11:48
Regular
Ravenous was excellent, maybe it's you that's stupid?
Mon 19/01/04 at 11:30
Regular
in your opinion
Mon 19/01/04 at 11:28
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ravenous was just stupid.
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:06
Regular
Yes.

And Taxi Driver is superior to Ravenous.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.