GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"short story (yellow signs form the guy in the sky)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/11/03 at 13:00
Regular
"who'd the man."
hi

Have you ever had one of those days when you see something but it turns out to be something else? Well, have you? I know I have.

It all started on Monday night. It was about 11 o’clock. I had just eaten a cheese and tomato pizza while watching T.V. when I saw reflected in the TV screen a yellow ball. I tilted my head to a side to look behind me, but all I saw was a red chair, a brown box, a blue sheet of paper and a green packet of sweets (starburst sour chews if you really want to know. Mmmmmmmmmmm). But there wasn’t anything yellow. I guessed it was the light and continued to watch my video of the Simpson’s. It was the episode when yoyos are in suddenly stormed into the latest craze. Anyway I was feeling tired so I went to sleep. But later that night I suddenly woke up for no apparent reason. It was very dark and I didn’t want to get that feeling when you turn the light on and it stings your eyes. So I went to the kitchen and started eating a packet of quavers. Then as I glanced down the corridor I saw the familiar yellow ball except it wasn’t so much the shape of a ball it was more of an oval shape with spikes. As I got closer to it disappeared but in its place was my goldfish swimming around. I gave them some food and went to sleep.

The next three days went by comfortably. I wasn’t seeing anymore visions, but on the fifth day I saw it again in my dreams. I had it my hands. The yellow object. When I woke up my memory was completely whipped out. Late that after noon I was on my computer playing games when I saw reflected in the screen the U.Y.O. (unidentified yellow object). But it wasn’t so unidentified anymore. I saw it clearly now. It made me laugh, it made me confused, it made me late to meet my friend.

It was a PIKACHU!

It really made me consider my life, if I was crazy or not. Why was I seeing pikachus? I told my friend he laughed. I needed help.

I continued to see pikachu. Pikachu in the kitchen pikachu in the garden. Well to cut short story even shorter pikachus everywhere. But then one day as I was walking down Oxford Street I saw a little kid with his mum run out a store holding a shiny red box. I went inside and it hit me. The pikachu was a sign. Pokemon ruby and sapphire was out.

So I bought it and I have been playing it since.

Truly this was a sign from the guy in the sky.

Write in if you have had similar expierences.

Thanks a lot for reading

jaasz
Thu 20/11/03 at 16:25
"cheerios"
I guess you can say that, but anyway, a good short story.
Thu 20/11/03 at 11:10
"Darkness, always"
Surely then, your memory wasn't wiped, but temporarily recollectively challenged?
Thu 20/11/03 at 10:59
Regular
"who'd the man."
well you see i didn't remember straight away that it was a pikachu but things started to come back to me and i put 1 and 2 together and it made sense.
Wed 19/11/03 at 13:06
"Darkness, always"
UI applaud you for resisting the trend of calling a cheese and tomato pizza a "Margherita Pizza", however, if you dreamed of holding Pikachu, and had your memory wiped out, how do you know that you were dreaming of Pikachu?
Wed 19/11/03 at 13:00
Regular
"who'd the man."
hi

Have you ever had one of those days when you see something but it turns out to be something else? Well, have you? I know I have.

It all started on Monday night. It was about 11 o’clock. I had just eaten a cheese and tomato pizza while watching T.V. when I saw reflected in the TV screen a yellow ball. I tilted my head to a side to look behind me, but all I saw was a red chair, a brown box, a blue sheet of paper and a green packet of sweets (starburst sour chews if you really want to know. Mmmmmmmmmmm). But there wasn’t anything yellow. I guessed it was the light and continued to watch my video of the Simpson’s. It was the episode when yoyos are in suddenly stormed into the latest craze. Anyway I was feeling tired so I went to sleep. But later that night I suddenly woke up for no apparent reason. It was very dark and I didn’t want to get that feeling when you turn the light on and it stings your eyes. So I went to the kitchen and started eating a packet of quavers. Then as I glanced down the corridor I saw the familiar yellow ball except it wasn’t so much the shape of a ball it was more of an oval shape with spikes. As I got closer to it disappeared but in its place was my goldfish swimming around. I gave them some food and went to sleep.

The next three days went by comfortably. I wasn’t seeing anymore visions, but on the fifth day I saw it again in my dreams. I had it my hands. The yellow object. When I woke up my memory was completely whipped out. Late that after noon I was on my computer playing games when I saw reflected in the screen the U.Y.O. (unidentified yellow object). But it wasn’t so unidentified anymore. I saw it clearly now. It made me laugh, it made me confused, it made me late to meet my friend.

It was a PIKACHU!

It really made me consider my life, if I was crazy or not. Why was I seeing pikachus? I told my friend he laughed. I needed help.

I continued to see pikachu. Pikachu in the kitchen pikachu in the garden. Well to cut short story even shorter pikachus everywhere. But then one day as I was walking down Oxford Street I saw a little kid with his mum run out a store holding a shiny red box. I went inside and it hit me. The pikachu was a sign. Pokemon ruby and sapphire was out.

So I bought it and I have been playing it since.

Truly this was a sign from the guy in the sky.

Write in if you have had similar expierences.

Thanks a lot for reading

jaasz

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.