GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ring."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/10/03 at 13:00
Regular
Channel 4. 12:20am Thursday.

Watch it/Tape it.

Its the *original* Japanese movie. Not the crap hollywood remake of the film, its raw, its Japanese, and its bloody good.

I'm a major fan of Japanese movies, so i'm definatly looking forward to watching this again.

I hope they show Battle Royale on channel 4 sometime :P
Tue 04/11/03 at 13:26
Regular
Exactly Bane.

Exactly.

+ You should get the book *runs*
Tue 04/11/03 at 08:12
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
I agree that both versions of the ring were very watchable and entertaining films. Also, how good is Battle Royale? I was expecting the gore-fest, but the film tackles friendship/classroom crushes/issues etc in such an excellent way for a film like that, it really makes the film what it is.
Mon 03/11/03 at 18:04
Regular
"I like monkeys =)"
I liked both the original and US remake, although they are not anywhere near as good as they have been hyped up to be, and both have some ropey moments. Battle Royale is a better film as far as I'm concerned, and am interested in the sequel having seen a few teaser moments on the TV - looks like a better budget too.
Was really unimpressed by 'Audition' last night - quite an average movie =( yes, the last reel was good, but the 'relationship from hell' idea has been done to death many times before and been done considerably better too!
Fri 31/10/03 at 21:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
kittworld wrote:
> So at the end of the movie, does she take it to her dad so he can
> watch it and then die or so he can continue it and pass it onto
> someone else. It would be easier to just kill someone with it then
> you dont have to bother. It would be a bit tight if her dad has to
> sacrifice his life to save his grandson.

Well she will get her son to copy the tape to show to the grandfather. Whether he will choose to show the tape to someone else, or elect to die we cant say.
Fri 31/10/03 at 21:09
Regular
So at the end of the movie, does she take it to her dad so he can watch it and then die or so he can continue it and pass it onto someone else. It would be easier to just kill someone with it then you dont have to bother. It would be a bit tight if her dad has to sacrifice his life to save his grandson.
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:58
Regular
that was a great film, ill be watching the sequal tonight.
Got the hitcher befor it aswell, always like watcing that film, its class.
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:05
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
That was pretty decent, i missed some bits when i fell asleep though.
Fri 31/10/03 at 02:13
Regular
Ms NY wrote:
> This isn't as good as what people have made it out to be. It's a
> little slow..

no it isn't :D
Fri 31/10/03 at 01:34
Regular
"cachoo"
This isn't as good as what people have made it out to be. It's a little slow..
Fri 31/10/03 at 00:36
Regular
Watching it now.

Just curious, has anyone seen the prequel and sequel to the movie. I know the sequel is on tomorrow, rather late mind. I've only seen parts of the prequal, you really feel sorry for Sadako.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.