GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good DVD commentaries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/10/03 at 11:42
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I got the Simpsons Season 3 boxset, and watching it with commentary on is as good as watching the episodes themselves. This is definitely my favourite season, and you could tell the writers and staff enjoyed making it. All 24 episodes have commentaries by Matt Groening, at least one of the writers, directors, and most of the cast (Harry Shearer is especially funny).
Mon 03/11/03 at 22:21
Regular
Well, the AP commentary sucked, so your humble opinion can go die a painful death.
Mon 03/11/03 at 17:50
Regular
"I like monkeys =)"
All the commentaries mentioned have been good (spaced, kevin smith films, donnie darko, fight club). Don't forget the excellent 'Futurama' commentaries, especially the ones with John DiMaggio and Billy West =) trés funny. 'The Bride Of Chucky' or child's play 4 has a really good commentary, as does any John Carpenter film (he really gets to know his cast members - its great when they start to chat about each others kids and stuff like that). The commentary on the American Pie DVD was better than the film itself IMHO!
Fri 31/10/03 at 20:28
Regular
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> Man, The Zeppo is so cool, going round the forums telling everyone how
> not cool they are. I wish I was as cool as him. Then I’d get all
> the girls.

You sure would, son!
Fri 31/10/03 at 18:11
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Man, The Zeppo is so cool, going round the forums telling everyone how not cool they are. I wish I was as cool as him. Then I’d get all the girls.
Fri 31/10/03 at 16:26
Regular
'Oh, I know Blair Witch is now very passe, but it had a blindingly good commentary.'

Really? What they talk about? "Here we see some twigs......Yeah, they were there when we got here...."

Most of Joss Whedon's commentaries on the buffy dvd's are both informative and funny, just like the show. Except the 'informative' bit.
Wed 29/10/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The Spaced commentary was alright, but it ventured into "slap on the back" territory, which they do talk about, so I suppose they've got their bases covered there. Yeah, it's good.
Wed 29/10/03 at 15:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Spaced - Seasons 1 & 2
they both have good commentaries, telling you all the little references to things that you may not get...
Wed 29/10/03 at 09:43
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Maybe there's two different versions of the Ghostbusters disk then, or you have to turn it on or something, because I can remember the cast's shadows too.
Tue 28/10/03 at 16:25
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ummm... I have Ghostbusters and although the commentary is good, you don't 'see' anything.

Ronin was a serious movie. It's hardly a comedy musical is it!!!

And I really enjoyed LOTR: Fellowship's commentaries (the cast one in particular) cos it was the first time they'd seen the extended version too.
Mon 27/10/03 at 10:54
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I just remembered! Ghostbusters has a wicked commentary. It's done like Mystery Science Threatre 3000 - you see their outlines on the screen like a cinema!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.