GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Funeral For A Friend Last Night (thursday)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/10/03 at 13:35
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Oh my god this show was absolutely fricken awesome. £10.50 for 3 support bands (million dead, Hondo Mclean and Further Seems Forever) And Funeral for a frined. My Favourite band in the world at the mo.

I didn't really care much for the supporting bands as I'd never heard them before but still, they were cool to watch. They didn't sound as good either because I was in the upstairs balcony for the supports and I guess the sound doesn't travel as well up there.

Anyway, after a short wait, FFAF finally appeared with Ryan (drummer, secondary lead singer) firstly appearing, followed by Kris (guitar) then Matt (lead singer), Gareth (bass, backing vocals) and darren (guitar).

They started by walking out to 'Your revolution is a joke' which was being played from the CD without the vocals and then after about a minute of that they jumped in with 'She drove me to daytime TV'. By that time I had taken about 6 photos and was running downstairs to the 'pit' and by the end of Daytime TV, I had got myself pretty much to the front. About 4ft away and was singing every song I knew.

Pretty much all the songs they played was off their new album 'Casually Dressed and deep in conversation' (BUY IT NOW)!

Poor Mat, the crowd just wasn't ready for him and he dived and no one caught him. He was on the floor for like 10 seconds. I also managed to get my camera out between songs and take extreme close up's of them.

Over all, a fantastic night and well worth the money. For anyone thats never heard them before, buy their album or download . . . 'The Art of American Football' OR 'She drove me to daytime TV'. Lol, Matt even called David Blaine a stupid tw*t and dedicated the song 'Escape artists' to him.

Anyway, buy their album. If you were there, talk about it. But don't download the whole album because you're killing the music industry.

BUY THEIR ALBUM!!!
Sat 18/10/03 at 16:47
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Finch WERE my fav. band, but now FFAF are.
Fri 17/10/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Got their album the other day.

It's not a bad effort, don't understand the hype though, since IMO I think Finch do it better. But, nice to see a British band doing well.
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
P.S, IT WAS AT THE LONDON ASTORIA.
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Oh my god this show was absolutely fricken awesome. £10.50 for 3 support bands (million dead, Hondo Mclean and Further Seems Forever) And Funeral for a frined. My Favourite band in the world at the mo.

I didn't really care much for the supporting bands as I'd never heard them before but still, they were cool to watch. They didn't sound as good either because I was in the upstairs balcony for the supports and I guess the sound doesn't travel as well up there.

Anyway, after a short wait, FFAF finally appeared with Ryan (drummer, secondary lead singer) firstly appearing, followed by Kris (guitar) then Matt (lead singer), Gareth (bass, backing vocals) and darren (guitar).

They started by walking out to 'Your revolution is a joke' which was being played from the CD without the vocals and then after about a minute of that they jumped in with 'She drove me to daytime TV'. By that time I had taken about 6 photos and was running downstairs to the 'pit' and by the end of Daytime TV, I had got myself pretty much to the front. About 4ft away and was singing every song I knew.

Pretty much all the songs they played was off their new album 'Casually Dressed and deep in conversation' (BUY IT NOW)!

Poor Mat, the crowd just wasn't ready for him and he dived and no one caught him. He was on the floor for like 10 seconds. I also managed to get my camera out between songs and take extreme close up's of them.

Over all, a fantastic night and well worth the money. For anyone thats never heard them before, buy their album or download . . . 'The Art of American Football' OR 'She drove me to daytime TV'. Lol, Matt even called David Blaine a stupid tw*t and dedicated the song 'Escape artists' to him.

Anyway, buy their album. If you were there, talk about it. But don't download the whole album because you're killing the music industry.

BUY THEIR ALBUM!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.