GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Modifying browser windows using Java?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/10/03 at 01:38
Regular
"Wobble"
Anyone help with this?

I have a simple web page with Terms & Conditions on it. This is currently popped up in the standard way using an HREF link with TARGET="_BLANK" etc.

Obviously this simply pops up another browser window of a random size (depending on the indivual PC settings) and with all toolbars and sizing options.

I want a script of some description (presumably Java, but I'm no expert as far as scripts are concerned) which will resize this window to a pre-determined size, and also remove all standard menus/toolbars/address bars etc. and also prevent window resizing. Vertical scrollbar must be present.

So basically, I just want to open the T&C page in a bare browser window of a fixed size, with a title bar, where the only window functionality is the close button at the top and a vertical scroll bar on the side - nothing else.

Can anyone point me to a scripting site which may carry such a thing?

Thanks in advance.
Sat 04/10/03 at 02:44
Regular
"Wobble"
Never mind, I've sussed it!
Sat 04/10/03 at 01:38
Regular
"Wobble"
Anyone help with this?

I have a simple web page with Terms & Conditions on it. This is currently popped up in the standard way using an HREF link with TARGET="_BLANK" etc.

Obviously this simply pops up another browser window of a random size (depending on the indivual PC settings) and with all toolbars and sizing options.

I want a script of some description (presumably Java, but I'm no expert as far as scripts are concerned) which will resize this window to a pre-determined size, and also remove all standard menus/toolbars/address bars etc. and also prevent window resizing. Vertical scrollbar must be present.

So basically, I just want to open the T&C page in a bare browser window of a fixed size, with a title bar, where the only window functionality is the close button at the top and a vertical scroll bar on the side - nothing else.

Can anyone point me to a scripting site which may carry such a thing?

Thanks in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.