GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freedom?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/10/03 at 15:27
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I'm not going to write a long essay on this, but I think we have much less freedom than thwe majority of people believe. I mean, if yoyu wanted to leave society and go and live in the wilderness, would you really be able to? And what about that family that lived in the mountains, and simply because of their beliefs they were all shot by the government. (Even if they were Nazi's).

Oh dear god, what have i done...
Sun 05/10/03 at 18:55
Regular
"Not a Jew"
*sobs*

All the good ones go early, Sarge.....

*more sobbing*
Sun 05/10/03 at 18:53
"Mimmargh!"
RoJ wrote:
> Blew off the island with missiles you mean.

Well I was trying to put it nicely for the sake of his family but yes...I suppose he was destroyed. In that nuclear missle test. Poor, poor b*****d...

WHY DO THEY ALWAYS DIE SO YOUNG!?
Sun 05/10/03 at 17:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Blew off the island with missiles you mean.
Sun 05/10/03 at 17:17
"Mimmargh!"
Skarra wrote:
> Not so. A dude in Scotland gave up all his stuff, and went to live on
> one of the small deserted islands off the coast. He lived in a shed,
> ate fish and did what he wanted. He was happy.

No, he was very cold and lonely and is probably dead by now or got chucked off the island because it was MOD property.
Sun 05/10/03 at 17:15
"Mimmargh!"
Mi/\\/dfrig wrote:
> Technology has enslaved us. We are truly slaves to the system that men
> fought and died to create.

So ironic coming from an internet chat room reply.
Sun 05/10/03 at 17:14
"Mimmargh!"
Freedom is not the ability to do whatever one wants. That is anarchy. Since we as humans live in societies then we have to compromise or we wouldn't survive on our own. We team up for a reason. Freedom is the ability of choice, and this ranges from the mundane such as sandwich filler to political choice. Besides, even without societies you still have to conform to nature. Some may also argue that there is no freedom, it is an illusion. Take this: if you are deciding what sandwich filler to eat and you pick cheese over pickle, why would you choose differantly if time was rewound? Wouldn't people make the same decision again because the stimulas and genetics are in the same position? Thus are all our choices in a bizare way just leading on to each other like a computer game with a linear approach as opposed to having several ways of exiting the level. Of course, that is another debate entirely.

Adeiu.
Sat 04/10/03 at 17:27
Regular
Skarra wrote:
> lnsane Bartender wrote:
> Define "freedom". If freedom is the ability to go about
> doing whatever you wish, no man on earth is "free".
>
> Not so. A dude in Scotland gave up all his stuff, and went to live on
> one of the small deserted islands off the coast. He lived in a shed,
> ate fish and did what he wanted. He was happy.

bet he pays tax on his island...
Thu 02/10/03 at 23:02
Regular
"Laughingstock"
In a Grizzly Adams-type existence you may be free of "the system" but then there nature's [often brutal] system to deal with - another uphill struggle of survival.
Thu 02/10/03 at 09:48
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Maybe later, i'm in an IT lesson right now...
Thu 02/10/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
You may be thinking of the Weaver Family from the Ruby Ridge seige.
Go look on google about it, absolutely shocking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.