GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EMI 'Copy Controlled' CDs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/09/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Wobble"
Got my first one of these today. Read the label, wondered what the hell it was (I mean how it works, not the obvious!) and looked it up on the net. Saw loads of people seem to be having problems with these discs.

Stuck it in my hi-fi - played fine.

Stuck it in my PC - played fine.

Stuck it in my Pioneer DVR-A05 and tried to rip it to MP3 with RealOne - worked fine. MP3's are all fine.

Guess it's back to the drawing board for EMI.
Thu 25/09/03 at 17:21
Regular
"8==="
A Place In The Sun.

I think it freezes the laser and then my computer follow suit.
Thu 25/09/03 at 17:01
"I love yo... lamp."
Hedfix wrote:
> My Lit CD freezes my computer when I put it in the CD drive. :(

Which one? I have their past 3 albums and all work fine. Was listening to one a few minutes ago.
Thu 25/09/03 at 16:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I want my music on PC, but also on CD.

Not everybody downloads the whole time. I never ever do.

I just buy the CD, pop it onto PC -----> Mp3 player, and keep the CD at my dads house, the PC at my mums, the MP3 player on me.

There. Should I be punished for that?
Thu 25/09/03 at 09:18
Regular
"8==="
My Lit CD freezes my computer when I put it in the CD drive. :(
Thu 25/09/03 at 09:17
Regular
"8==="
It's pointless.

1) you can just record the CD through the microphone socket on your PC and cut up the audio into each track.

2) If someone on the internet has already gone to the trouble of doing this and uploaded it onto Kazaa then it becomes easier to download the tracks than buy and record the CD into your computer.

It will increase music piracy. People WANT their music on their computer nowadays.
Thu 25/09/03 at 09:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Oh and I copied it easily, first time.
Thu 25/09/03 at 09:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've had the same experience with EMI Protected discs. I think once my CD player told me there was 'no disc', but other than that the protection's been useless.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
O, jolly good.

As long as my Zen isn't affected.

I own almost all the music on it anyway. About 95% of it, and absoloutely none of it is downloaded.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Every time they try and bring out some kind of CD protection, it just gets broken.
Ah well. At least they tried.
Wed 24/09/03 at 21:23
Regular
"Wobble"
Got my first one of these today. Read the label, wondered what the hell it was (I mean how it works, not the obvious!) and looked it up on the net. Saw loads of people seem to be having problems with these discs.

Stuck it in my hi-fi - played fine.

Stuck it in my PC - played fine.

Stuck it in my Pioneer DVR-A05 and tried to rip it to MP3 with RealOne - worked fine. MP3's are all fine.

Guess it's back to the drawing board for EMI.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.