GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Google local business directory"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/06/09 at 11:05
Regular
How the heck does this work?

Yes we are one of many pesties in Somerset. But I have now dropped off the listing? and others who are listed in Devon get a higher listing [:(!] I cant seem to work out how google go about nominating position on this section of google, any one any ideas?
Fri 19/06/09 at 15:18
Regular
Hmmm... wrote:
> (t1mmie - the question is about Google local Dograt's
> site is indexed by Google)

I'll read the title properly next time xD
Fri 19/06/09 at 12:50
Regular
Yep thats the one hmm

I have read and read, I think to be honest it IS down to location and also how many "Branches" your business has.

It is very annoying as I am trying to keep it all "White hat" (Wow sounds like i know what I am on about NOT)

Another company has submitted multiple "False" branches in fact one in nearly every town in somerset! and I know for a fact they dont have any at all!

Still we are in it for the long haul so will keep it all above board and bristol fashion!

I can say I dont think much of Googles LBC very hard to correct incorrect lisitngs and merge everything together I am listed as Guardian and Guardian Pest control with no real way of just correcting them . perhaps a bit of time will sort things out.
Fri 19/06/09 at 12:43
Regular
Thanks for that
Its strange my "Organic" lisiting is perfect no2 in fact its just the LBC list I dont seem to be able to crack. Think I will just concentrate on content for now as its doing my head in !!

I think my sites looking a bit boring though any other ideas about making it look more visually pleasing?

www.guardianpestcontrol.co.uk

all help again welcome ! Thanks all
Fri 19/06/09 at 12:42
"Are you sure?"
(t1mmie - the question is about Google local Dograt's site is indexed by Google)

Dograt, You might like to take a look at Google's local business centre as a starting point: www.google.co.uk/lbc

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 19/06/09 at 11:22
Regular
Could be a few reasons why you've dropped off. Either Google couldn't find your site when it was looking to re-index it, or you've done something to upset them..!

Be careful not to do anything that could be considered as 'black hat seo'. You'll probably benefit from reading up on 'Search Engine Optimisation'. There's a lot to read, but it's fairly simple to follow and a large degree is just common sense.

There's also a lot of differing opinions based on people's differing experience with trying to get good search results - and Google changes how things work every so often (only slight adjustments can have major effects).

You can try resubmitting your site to google - http://www.google.co.uk/addurl/?continue=/addurl

Wait a few weeks and see what happens. You can also see what Google actually has indexed of your site by searching for:

site: example.com

in Google, where example.com is your site address. Just make sure that you're putting in to practice everything that is recommended and make sure not to overdo it. The only sure-fire way you're really going to get to the top is with luck, links in to your site from good websites and putting in the best SEO practices. Search for 'SEO' or 'SEO Tips' on Google - that should help you vastly.
Fri 19/06/09 at 11:05
Regular
How the heck does this work?

Yes we are one of many pesties in Somerset. But I have now dropped off the listing? and others who are listed in Devon get a higher listing [:(!] I cant seem to work out how google go about nominating position on this section of google, any one any ideas?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.