GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beeeeee Arrrrrrrr Toooooo!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/09/03 at 15:36
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Just finished watching this cam version of Battle Royale 2. I must say that this first version is only worth watching if you're a massive fan of the first and want to see it desperately, as the picture quality is very poor, and the start is cut, as is a chunk of the film half way through. Otherwise, wait for the cinema release in March (or at least a better copy :0P). I, you see, am an inpatient git who cannot wait 6 months :0D

However, I'm really gonna hold off having too much either way of a view on this film, as due to the poor picture quality, I wasn't able to make out a lot of the lower-key characters and some of the action was practically unrecognisable. Also, the fact a few chunks was missed out irritated me. Still, there were some great slices of action in this film, but there could've been far greater character development. Also, those expecting the violence from the first film will be disappointed. I wasn't, as I was purely in this for the plot. Needless to say, while the deaths are far less elaborate, the gore is more immense, without a doubt.

I say bring on Beeeeee Arrrrrr Treeeeee!

8/10 (I shall re-review once I get hold of the VCD on November 19th).
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:15
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Oh, and Riki Takeuchi owns in this film big time as the teacher.

"I am Riki Takeuchi."

Genius.
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:13
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> I think the whole film he watched would of been in Japanese with no
> subtitles.
>
> God knows how he understood it....

Nope. Was subbed.
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:12
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Dude.
>
> Sounds frocking awesome! What about Nokiro though?

She has a small cameo near the end. She's in it for a few short minutes. Nothing special.
Tue 02/09/03 at 13:12
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Congratulations, you've just ruined the film for yourself. I cannot
> for the life of me understand why you'd want to watch such a cool
> film on such a crappy format.
>
> Can you not wait until the cinema release? On any film at all?

Yep, that's just about it :0)

I love BR. Simple.

*Pats MM on the back for creaming himself*
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:42
Regular
I think the whole film he watched would of been in Japanese with no subtitles.

God knows how he understood it....
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Congratulations, you've just ruined the film for yourself. I cannot for the life of me understand why you'd want to watch such a cool film on such a crappy format.

Can you not wait until the cinema release? On any film at all?
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:26
Regular
"That's right!"
My film loving buddies from college either haven't seen the first one, or didn't like it. My other friends wouldn't go if I paid them...
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:17
Regular
Dude.

Sounds frocking awesome! What about Nokiro though?
Mon 01/09/03 at 20:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Geffdof wrote:
> I saw the first film recently. It was much better than i expected and
> is one of my fave films ever! I had no idea they were making a
> second. What is the plot. are the characteras from the first in it?

From the IMDB:

"Three years have passed since Shuya Nanahara escaped from Battle Royale and now he is accused of participating in several terrorist attacks.

After the murder of his father, Professor Kitano, Shiori Kitano looks for vengeance and takes place in the organization of the next Battle Royale program.

Now the rules have changed, there are two teams with an equal number of members, each student is connected to another student sharing the same number, (let's say Student number 1 from A group is connected to student number 1 from B group), if one dies the other student's necklace will activate automatically causing his death. The goal is to kill Nanahara within 3 days. Will they be able to do it?

This movie is almost a war movie, combat scenes comparable with the ones in "Saving Private Ryan," it is not recommendable if you have fear of gore scenes, it has plenty. Amazing war scenes and sound track, You will enjoy every minute of the 2 hours it lasts"

I. Just. Creamed. My. Self.
Mon 01/09/03 at 17:52
Regular
"lets go back"
I saw the first film recently. It was much better than i expected and is one of my fave films ever! I had no idea they were making a second. What is the plot. are the characteras from the first in it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.