GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Manchester United - Community Sheild winners"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/08/03 at 16:21
Regular
well well
4-3 on penalties. Surely we all hoped for sudden death. Good saves by the keepers, especially Nisterooys save. Loved the Quote though

"Nisterooy, never misses a penalty"
"SAVE!"
Wed 13/08/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
``One-day, that Vieira-lad's gonna roll-around on the floor, and be in REAL, serious, career-threatening pain - and all everyone will do is just stand-back and moan at him for play-acting, and he will suffer for his mistakes in the past!´´

...Hopefully! :D
Tue 12/08/03 at 14:21
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Solskjær wrote:

> Arsénal should've gone down to 9-men, and Henry's free-kick
> was superb - it would've been an incredible save, if only Howard's
> arms were 4-inches longer! And even if our wall was better-built, I'm
> sure the Frenchman would've simply put the ball somewhere else. It
> wouldn't really have mattered.

That was Scholes' fault anyway. You could quite clearly see Howard telling him to move over but he just ignored him and Henry exploited the space left.

But then again if the ref was actually decent and capable of making a good decision there wouldn't have been a free kick anyway unless of course we're giving free kicks for players getting all of the ball nowadays. Plus Vieria rolling around like someone had kicked him in the balls didn't exactly help matters.
Tue 12/08/03 at 13:52
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Where was David Bellion in that games???
Is he injured or something?

I was really looking forward to finally seeing him play for the full-90-minutes, only he didn't show - not even once!

I was very impressed with Eric Djemba-Djemba though, and, of course, Tim Howard had a superb game, making some world-class saves.

It'll be interesting to see how Barthez reacts to this - if he gets the nod ahead of the American to start against Boloton on Saturday. I know he's one for the future, but he should really be able to give Barthez a kick-up-the-backside, and make him work for his first-team place.

Despite the obvious effects the heat had on the game, you could still see how United's midfield was lacking something to inspire the attacks, after Kenyon agreed to sell Veron to Chelsea behind Fergie's back (...well, I believe so, anyway!). I want to see how and where Kleberson and Ronaldo will fit-in, now - and Bellion, of course!

Arsénal should've gone down to 9-men, and Henry's free-kick was superb - it would've been an incredible save, if only Howard's arms were 4-inches longer! And even if our wall was better-built, I'm sure the Frenchman would've simply put the ball somewhere else. It wouldn't really have mattered.
Mon 11/08/03 at 16:23
Regular
"One More Chance"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Jetster wrote:
> Ruud managed a blatant dive in my opinion, no way a penalty. If
> there
> was contact it was very slight and he made the most of it, as per
> usual.
>
> Yes he dived. FOR THE BALL!
>
> The only reason he went down was to stretch for the ball.
>
> He didn't appeal for a penalty, though he did give the referee a look
> that was no more than wishful thinking.

When I saw the replay it was clear he wanted a penalty. His arms were all over the place and his body was streched right out, but not legs first. If you dive for the ball your likely to land on your back, not on your front because your legs are steched forwards. He was trying for a penalty.

Just my opinion on the event though...
Mon 11/08/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I think Jeffers' frustration has something to do with all this: He's overpaid, yet has pressure on top of him due to his transfer price, wage demands that stop him changing clubs and is very often left out of playing or on the bench.

Man Utd could have signed him...
Mon 11/08/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Jetster wrote:
> Jeffers is a disgrace, hardly did anything in the game yet manages to
> get sent off. Unacceptable. In Campbell’s defence Djemba left his leg
> in the air (studs up) for way to long and Campbell did take it in the
> groin, must of hurt.

Ermmm Djemba-Djemba was following through with the shot, it's not like he just came at Campbell with his studs up, he's not that dirty, or at least he doesn't play for Arsenal anyway :D

>
> Ruud managed a blatant dive in my opinion, no way a penalty. If there
> was contact it was very slight and he made the most of it, as per
> usual.

He was stretching for the ball as someone has already said. If you stretch for the ball most likely you'll lose your balance and fall over and it wasn't like Ruud was jumping up and down screaming for a penalty. And if we're talking about dives what about Vieria from Butt's challenge when he went down like someone had shot him even though Butt had clearly got the ball and then Patty started writhing around the floor as if someone had taken a bat to his legs. This is meant to be one of the hardest men in the premiership? O......k
Mon 11/08/03 at 10:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
§niper wrote:
> Oh and it was Vieiras' first 90 mins for 3 months and Henry, Pires,
> Wiltord have not had the same amount of training.

And the excuses start. :D
Mon 11/08/03 at 09:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
A good contested match and a great work out for the lads.

Unfortunatly we now have a few injuries after Arsenal's dirty display.

Tim Howard has looked pretty good in pre season and lets hope he starts as our No 1.

United need a bit more creativity after the loss of Seba and Becks, yetserday showed how much we miss quality delivary from the right wing and centre even though Scholesy was spreading the ball out pretty well (yet he started on the left wing ?!)

Hopefully Fergie, signs 1 or 2 more players before the CL deadline at the end of this month.
Mon 11/08/03 at 01:19
Regular
Oh and it was Vieiras' first 90 mins for 3 months and Henry, Pires, Wiltord have not had the same amount of training.
Mon 11/08/03 at 01:17
Regular
Ashley wrote:
> i am in shock that arsenal didn't get destroyed! the fact that toure
> was playing centre back shows severe weakness at the back, lauren was
> crap....again. Lehman had dodgy positioning, Palour was unremarkable.
> It will be a two horse race this season...........man utd and chelsea

stupid rival fans' dont gloat before it has even started

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.