GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Well, they both died."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 17:38
Regular
The conjoined Iranian twins, that this morning were reported to have been separated by Singapore surgeons, have both died. Not good, I would imagine.
Wed 09/07/03 at 17:19
They had two small brains that made up a slightly larger than usual brain. The hard bit was to make the one brain blood vessel for them both join up into a vein from the others leg (bypass), so they both had blood to their brain.
Tue 08/07/03 at 22:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> how can they make that statistic if they had never done it
> before...seperating a fused skull and brain could not have been 50/50
> im sure!

They didnt share a brain, otherwise it would have been impossible.
Tue 08/07/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Part of me thinks that the 50% chance was routed in the fact they could either live or die because of it - 50% either way. I believe they were 29 ? Sky mentioned they had 12 months of counselling before making the decision so it is clear they knew the risks involved.

What matters, even though it failed, is that someone tried to do it. Maybe the reasons it failed this time will help others in the future. If they wanted seperate lives then far better to try for that than not to.

For me, this demonstrates how the largest events in history can have the smallest of effects - think back to when they were born - a time when relations with Iran and the West were barely alive, and, though I have no proof, I suspect this stopped them ever having a chance to be operated on in youth.
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:49
Regular
"Light of the world"
ooooookkkkk smartie pants
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well I'd rather trust the opinion of trained staff who carry out the operation rather than you.
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:22
Regular
"Light of the world"
Blank wrote:
> Lil Ginge wrote:
> the tiny possibility
> they may be able to lead seperate lives...to the much larger
> possibility that they would die.
>
>
> It was 50/50.

how can they make that statistic if they had never done it before...seperating a fused skull and brain could not have been 50/50 im sure!
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Lil Ginge wrote:
> the tiny possibility
> they may be able to lead seperate lives...to the much larger
> possibility that they would die.

It was 50/50.
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:09
Regular
"Light of the world"
pretty brave thing to decide. It's a shame seeing it first time anything like that at adulthood has been tried. They must of known their chances but still, its a decision between the tiny possibility they may be able to lead seperate lives...to the much larger possibility that they would die.

Courageous ... and sad.
Tue 08/07/03 at 20:34
Regular
"not dead"
Apparently one was a little bit country, the other a little bit rock and roll.

One got sick of ho-down's the other tired of moshing.

It's sad, and they were brave to try, but it always looked unlikely. I hope they were well aware of the risks before they gave it a go.
Tue 08/07/03 at 19:58
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
They wanted to lead separate lives. One wanted to be a lawyer, the other a journalist. I think they were 39.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.