GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[FILM] The Omen"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 29/03/09 at 14:33
Regular
"all good things..."
The Omen

Only the most audacious and valiant amongst you will dare venture to the larder or toilet, especially in the darkness and obscurity of night after watching a reasonable, seasoned chunk of this film. Even if you’re not scared easily, you will fear leaving the warm, comfort of your lounge. I know there is an original version of this film, created in 1976, but the 2006 film follows suit, scaring you witless. Make sure all the curtains are drawn and doors shut!

The film, in my opinion, is one of the best horror/mystery films created. The Omen has such a range of different plots and twists it will have you withering in your seat and scratching your pallid, sticky palms in apprehension. Having only just watched this film a few days ago, I still feel dutifully bound to checking in the mirror and under my seat, just in case. The acting is fantastic, the storyline sturdy and courageous, the tension domineering.

As soon as the film starts, John Moore (director of the remake) will begin feeding your imagination and testing your nerve. Many classic horror movie devices are employed straight from the word go, and not being intent on spoiling it, you will be left astounded at how a single ill-fated action can lead to ghastly and stomach-churning consequence. This is a must-see film for any Final Destination fans.

The Omen is essentially about a young child who becomes possessed by none other than the devil himself. The parents fight for their child then begins, as the little boy’s aims soon become more and more apparent. Something that made this film so daunting for me was witnessing how seemingly cheerful and encouraging characters and events can become so dark and manipulated, I’ll say no more…

As the story progresses and events begin to take more and more wrong turns for the family, you will never ceased to be shocked and disturbed by what’s hiding behind the corner. Again, I am sure that you will be shocked by how things that are normally assumed to be so innocent and pure can disguise sick and twisted motives. The film is crude and brutal to say the very least.

The only negative point I can bring to mind about the film was being slightly stunned by how quickly and in the manner the ending to The Omen came. I felt as though there was something more to offer in the last few minutes of the film, perhaps I expected more of a resolution and I felt the movie didn’t come round entirely full circle. But then again, going against the norm is what renders this film so good.

I feel that it would be unnecessary and a shame to unveil anything more about what this film is about and contains, but all I can say is how outstanding and polished I thought this film was. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a bit of mystery and a lot of suspense, just make sure you watch it with some friends!

8/10
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sun 29/03/09 at 14:33
Regular
"all good things..."
The Omen

Only the most audacious and valiant amongst you will dare venture to the larder or toilet, especially in the darkness and obscurity of night after watching a reasonable, seasoned chunk of this film. Even if you’re not scared easily, you will fear leaving the warm, comfort of your lounge. I know there is an original version of this film, created in 1976, but the 2006 film follows suit, scaring you witless. Make sure all the curtains are drawn and doors shut!

The film, in my opinion, is one of the best horror/mystery films created. The Omen has such a range of different plots and twists it will have you withering in your seat and scratching your pallid, sticky palms in apprehension. Having only just watched this film a few days ago, I still feel dutifully bound to checking in the mirror and under my seat, just in case. The acting is fantastic, the storyline sturdy and courageous, the tension domineering.

As soon as the film starts, John Moore (director of the remake) will begin feeding your imagination and testing your nerve. Many classic horror movie devices are employed straight from the word go, and not being intent on spoiling it, you will be left astounded at how a single ill-fated action can lead to ghastly and stomach-churning consequence. This is a must-see film for any Final Destination fans.

The Omen is essentially about a young child who becomes possessed by none other than the devil himself. The parents fight for their child then begins, as the little boy’s aims soon become more and more apparent. Something that made this film so daunting for me was witnessing how seemingly cheerful and encouraging characters and events can become so dark and manipulated, I’ll say no more…

As the story progresses and events begin to take more and more wrong turns for the family, you will never ceased to be shocked and disturbed by what’s hiding behind the corner. Again, I am sure that you will be shocked by how things that are normally assumed to be so innocent and pure can disguise sick and twisted motives. The film is crude and brutal to say the very least.

The only negative point I can bring to mind about the film was being slightly stunned by how quickly and in the manner the ending to The Omen came. I felt as though there was something more to offer in the last few minutes of the film, perhaps I expected more of a resolution and I felt the movie didn’t come round entirely full circle. But then again, going against the norm is what renders this film so good.

I feel that it would be unnecessary and a shame to unveil anything more about what this film is about and contains, but all I can say is how outstanding and polished I thought this film was. I would certainly recommend it to anyone who enjoys a bit of mystery and a lot of suspense, just make sure you watch it with some friends!

8/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.