GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call of Duty 4"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare'.
Tue 03/03/09 at 23:27
Regular
"pr0 ;)"
Modern Warfare kicks off with a brief tutorial made to teach the player about the game's controls, traced by a trip via a testing area. Though this was produced to determine which difficulty level the player should attempt, this editor really recommends that hardcore shooter fans play on the Hardened difficultly level. Like Halo 3, the standard level is simply a bit a bit too easy, and most players will be able to receive via it without a bit too much trouble. There have also been a lot of people questioning how long Call of Duty 4 is, and the answer depends mainly on how you want to experience the game. Personally, I found that 8-10 extremely intense hours on Hardened was further fun than 6-7 very intense hours on Regular. As you might have also gathered, this is one hell of an intense ride no matter what difficultly you play on.

While the former Call of Duty games just traced characters via their particular WWII campaigns, Infinity Ward decided to scrap that approach in favor of a tight narrative structure. The plot is seemingly ripped suitable outside the headlines, touching on everything from Islamic fundamentalism to missing Soviet-era warheads, also as a number of other hot-button issues. I have also to admit, I was not expecting too much from the story, as I've seen all of this Tom Clancyesque stuff before. However, I'm happy to tell that I was blown away by simply how engaging and immersive it was. Modern Warfare characteristics a number of stunning plot-driven sequences, and the fact that many of these scenes are revealed from the first-person perspective just causes them that much further gripping.

Part of what makes the story so outstanding is the fact that you'll as a matter of fact feel an emotional attachment to the soldiers combat-ready beside you. These aren't simply a bunch of random dudes who run into battle with you, however there're a couple of them here and there. Instead, you'll spend the majority of your time watching their backs as they watch yours, and you'll expected come to enjoy the interplay among your teammates. The British S.A.S. squad is particularly memorable, and I am certain that Capt. Price and Gaz will go down as two of the most darling supporting characters in the history of the Xbox 360. To tell that Capt. Price is one of gaming's biggest bad asses is an understatement, and I highly hope that he gets a spin-off of his very own in the future.

To add to the phenomenon of Call of Duty 4 Single Player, the gamer can experience the Multiplayer mode which has been built on ever since Call of Duty 2. This in turn has made it very popular with the competitive gamer, e-sports (Electronic Sports) and the casual gamer. With the Clan options friends can now come together and play as a competitive team over the battlefields of Call of Duty 4. With the “level up” option proving very popular in today’s First Person Shooter games the player can experience hours of new online game play with the add on features the player can get for his/her in game character and weapons.

10/10…Brilliant game play, Multiplayer is one of a kind, A.I isn’t so useless

Jon B
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Tue 03/03/09 at 23:27
Regular
"pr0 ;)"
Modern Warfare kicks off with a brief tutorial made to teach the player about the game's controls, traced by a trip via a testing area. Though this was produced to determine which difficulty level the player should attempt, this editor really recommends that hardcore shooter fans play on the Hardened difficultly level. Like Halo 3, the standard level is simply a bit a bit too easy, and most players will be able to receive via it without a bit too much trouble. There have also been a lot of people questioning how long Call of Duty 4 is, and the answer depends mainly on how you want to experience the game. Personally, I found that 8-10 extremely intense hours on Hardened was further fun than 6-7 very intense hours on Regular. As you might have also gathered, this is one hell of an intense ride no matter what difficultly you play on.

While the former Call of Duty games just traced characters via their particular WWII campaigns, Infinity Ward decided to scrap that approach in favor of a tight narrative structure. The plot is seemingly ripped suitable outside the headlines, touching on everything from Islamic fundamentalism to missing Soviet-era warheads, also as a number of other hot-button issues. I have also to admit, I was not expecting too much from the story, as I've seen all of this Tom Clancyesque stuff before. However, I'm happy to tell that I was blown away by simply how engaging and immersive it was. Modern Warfare characteristics a number of stunning plot-driven sequences, and the fact that many of these scenes are revealed from the first-person perspective just causes them that much further gripping.

Part of what makes the story so outstanding is the fact that you'll as a matter of fact feel an emotional attachment to the soldiers combat-ready beside you. These aren't simply a bunch of random dudes who run into battle with you, however there're a couple of them here and there. Instead, you'll spend the majority of your time watching their backs as they watch yours, and you'll expected come to enjoy the interplay among your teammates. The British S.A.S. squad is particularly memorable, and I am certain that Capt. Price and Gaz will go down as two of the most darling supporting characters in the history of the Xbox 360. To tell that Capt. Price is one of gaming's biggest bad asses is an understatement, and I highly hope that he gets a spin-off of his very own in the future.

To add to the phenomenon of Call of Duty 4 Single Player, the gamer can experience the Multiplayer mode which has been built on ever since Call of Duty 2. This in turn has made it very popular with the competitive gamer, e-sports (Electronic Sports) and the casual gamer. With the Clan options friends can now come together and play as a competitive team over the battlefields of Call of Duty 4. With the “level up” option proving very popular in today’s First Person Shooter games the player can experience hours of new online game play with the add on features the player can get for his/her in game character and weapons.

10/10…Brilliant game play, Multiplayer is one of a kind, A.I isn’t so useless

Jon B

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.