GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PAIN (PS3)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'PAIN'.
Mon 26/01/09 at 01:23
Regular
Getting an 160 GB PS3 for Christmas ment two things.

1. I was awesome

2. I had received 2 free games already!

The 160 GB came with Uncharted and PAIN (A downloadable voucher)

I downloaded PAIN and was surprised on how original and hillarious it was...but at the same time...how painstakingly simpleminded it was and the lack of depth it had.

But enough of the epic introduction and onto the review.

PAIN is a game where you shoot people out of a rubberband contraption and try to hurt them as much as possible.

Example: You can launch your guy at an old lady and in the process get hit by a car.

When you hit something, your OOCH metter fills. And you can thrust your character in a specific direction with the DPAD. Or, you can use the sixaxis to wave it around and get a SUPEROOCH.

The voices make the game. Thats all I'll say about that. They are absolutely hillarious.

What I'm dissapointed with is when you buy the game, you only get one map (if you don't count the weekly LAB) and two characters to hurt. The rest cost 99 cents per shot and 1.99 for David Hasselhoff. (Yes you heard me, DAVID HASSELHOFF)

The expansion packs (otherwise known in the PAIN universe as LEVELS) are about 5-9 dollars.

Want the trophies? Your going to have to shell your 6 dollars to buy Abusement Park (Yes again I am serious) to activate the trophy system.

PAIN is a very fun premise but it doesn't have enough depth and relies on your cash to provide the fun.

6/10
Mon 26/01/09 at 14:28
"possibly impossible"
Good review, though the trophy update was actually free and should have updated when you last started the game up. The Amusement park is worth getting though, it gives you plenty more game modes and it's a well put together level.
Mon 26/01/09 at 01:23
Regular
Getting an 160 GB PS3 for Christmas ment two things.

1. I was awesome

2. I had received 2 free games already!

The 160 GB came with Uncharted and PAIN (A downloadable voucher)

I downloaded PAIN and was surprised on how original and hillarious it was...but at the same time...how painstakingly simpleminded it was and the lack of depth it had.

But enough of the epic introduction and onto the review.

PAIN is a game where you shoot people out of a rubberband contraption and try to hurt them as much as possible.

Example: You can launch your guy at an old lady and in the process get hit by a car.

When you hit something, your OOCH metter fills. And you can thrust your character in a specific direction with the DPAD. Or, you can use the sixaxis to wave it around and get a SUPEROOCH.

The voices make the game. Thats all I'll say about that. They are absolutely hillarious.

What I'm dissapointed with is when you buy the game, you only get one map (if you don't count the weekly LAB) and two characters to hurt. The rest cost 99 cents per shot and 1.99 for David Hasselhoff. (Yes you heard me, DAVID HASSELHOFF)

The expansion packs (otherwise known in the PAIN universe as LEVELS) are about 5-9 dollars.

Want the trophies? Your going to have to shell your 6 dollars to buy Abusement Park (Yes again I am serious) to activate the trophy system.

PAIN is a very fun premise but it doesn't have enough depth and relies on your cash to provide the fun.

6/10

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.