GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Army of Two (PS3)"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Army of Two'.
Mon 26/01/09 at 00:41
Regular
Well, I suppose this isn't a terribly good way of starting a review, but I just have to get it off my chest.

Don't judge the tutorial.

Now I can begin.

Army of Two is what you would call a painful yet awesome game. As it's horrid flaws will blend in with adrenaline paced and just awesome-to-play action.

You play, as the title says, as one of two characters in an ARMY OF TWO. In other words: Your a contract mercenary sent to deal with things the army doesn't want to dwelve in. Your the best of the best.

The tutorial is the beggining (obviously) and it is really boring. Yup. But you need to pay attention to it anyhow, because if you don't, you will get kicked in the #%$ by the enemies later on. It gives you the run of the mill course where you jump, slide into cover, and provide covering-fire for your teammate.

Theres an innovative yet useless feature when its on your end called AGGRO. Where it comes down to who kills the most enemies, you or your partner. You turn red, and all the enemies center on you, making your partner invisible to them.

If your partner has the AGGRO, you can literally sneak by an entire army.

The greatness in the game lies in its weapon-customization and shop. You can buy weapons and upgrade them. You can even pimp out their color! It looks and feels sweet!

The multiplayer is awesome, although 2v2 gets boring sometimes. But whoever completes the contract first gets the money and there are mobile shops you can buy stuff from.

No one plays the online too much anymore though.

Voice acting is great in my opinon. I like how you can press R2 by your teammate to smack him, and press X to give him props, which usually involve the two playing Air-guitar with their weapons.

Its a fun game if your willing to look past its flaws.

8/10

For mature gamers.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Mon 26/01/09 at 00:41
Regular
Well, I suppose this isn't a terribly good way of starting a review, but I just have to get it off my chest.

Don't judge the tutorial.

Now I can begin.

Army of Two is what you would call a painful yet awesome game. As it's horrid flaws will blend in with adrenaline paced and just awesome-to-play action.

You play, as the title says, as one of two characters in an ARMY OF TWO. In other words: Your a contract mercenary sent to deal with things the army doesn't want to dwelve in. Your the best of the best.

The tutorial is the beggining (obviously) and it is really boring. Yup. But you need to pay attention to it anyhow, because if you don't, you will get kicked in the #%$ by the enemies later on. It gives you the run of the mill course where you jump, slide into cover, and provide covering-fire for your teammate.

Theres an innovative yet useless feature when its on your end called AGGRO. Where it comes down to who kills the most enemies, you or your partner. You turn red, and all the enemies center on you, making your partner invisible to them.

If your partner has the AGGRO, you can literally sneak by an entire army.

The greatness in the game lies in its weapon-customization and shop. You can buy weapons and upgrade them. You can even pimp out their color! It looks and feels sweet!

The multiplayer is awesome, although 2v2 gets boring sometimes. But whoever completes the contract first gets the money and there are mobile shops you can buy stuff from.

No one plays the online too much anymore though.

Voice acting is great in my opinon. I like how you can press R2 by your teammate to smack him, and press X to give him props, which usually involve the two playing Air-guitar with their weapons.

Its a fun game if your willing to look past its flaws.

8/10

For mature gamers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.