GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Our website is supposed to be live????"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/01/09 at 19:07
Regular
I finished our website last night and they said it wouldn't be ready for an hour. Went to bed thinking that's ok I will see it in the morning...went to the search bar it could not be found!!!! Have I done something wrong or....am I being conned again??? Can anybody help me please
Fri 23/01/09 at 10:20
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
If you want your new domain name to point to your InstantPro site, you don't need to use the Web Forwarding option, so this forwarding option to MSN would best be removed.

To set-up the domain name as the main address for your site:

1. Log into the MyFreeola control panel and go to the InstantPro Website Builder page (from the navigation down the left-hand side).

2. Click the 'Edit Primary Web Adddress' link on your InstantPro website listing.

3. Choose your domain name from the drop-down menu on the subsequent page and then press 'Continue'.

That shoud do the trick. Please let us know if you want any further advice.
Fri 23/01/09 at 09:44
"Are you sure?"
bobbyslove wrote:
> Hi thanks for your help.Can I ask what search engine you used

You will need to type your website address directly into your browsers address bar.
It can take some time (days/weeks/months) to get a new website indexed by the search engines!

If this is all new to you then you'll have to do some reading! :¬)

Freeola's search tips for Instant Sites

Before Freeola created that page I put a few notes together: My Instant Site Search Engine Tips

As Eccles says you also need to prepare (compress) your photos for use on the web - Here's an old page of mine that tries to explain things: www.hmmm.ip3.co.uk/photos

I see this morning your chosen address has been registered with Freeola and points to MSN. You'll need to use the options within your MyFreeola login to change your Instant Site to your address.

Search Freeola Chat My Freeola Instant Site
Thu 22/01/09 at 23:37
Regular
Hi thanks for your help.Can I ask what search engine you used
Thu 22/01/09 at 22:09
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hello,

You InstantPro site is live and showing up on the web for me fine, although having 10 pictures on you homepage that are nearly 2Mb in size each will inevitably slow the loading of page down (this will be prevented in the next update to InstantPro). You may like to resize or optimise the images in one of the many image editing programs available. I recommend Paint.net (this is not Microsoft paint that comes with Windows).
As for the address you are using, you have chosen to use one of our free F500 domain names for your site (delboys.com) but if you want themiddleones.com then this is freely available at Getdotted.com and can be assigned as the primary address for your InstantPro site once registered using the InstantPro page of your MyFreeola account.
I hope that helps but if you have any further questions then just ask away!
Thu 22/01/09 at 22:01
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
bobbyslove wrote:
> our website addy is www.themiddleones.delboys.com it was supposed
> to be the middle ones but freeola added the deolboys at the
> begining! Was hoping to have it as www.themiddleones.co.uk

Your site works perfectly well mi ode sparra, use this link:

The Middle Ones

If you have registered themiddleones.co.uk, then that is what you would have got! However, if you search get dotted, that domain name is still available:-)
Thu 22/01/09 at 21:52
Regular
our website addy is www.themiddleones.delboys.com it was supposed to be the middle ones but freeola added the deolboys at the begining! Was hoping to have it as www.themiddleones.co.uk
Thu 22/01/09 at 21:35
Regular
Dragonlance wrote:
> bobbyslove wrote:
> I finished our website last night and they said it wouldn't be
> ready for an hour. Went to bed thinking that's ok I will see it
> in the morning...went to the search bar it could not be
> found!!!!
> Have I done something wrong or....am I being conned again???
> Can
> anybody help me please
>
> Hopefully one of the staff will pick up this post, but you
> haven't given much information - what is the name of the site
> that is causing a problem? Did you use the Instant site creator?
> :-)
>
> PS You are not being conned, certainly not by Freeola!

Hi I used the instant pro websaite when I finished it I pressed the live button but found nothing this morning.When I try to search for it in the search engines it doesn't come up.It's driving me mad
Thu 22/01/09 at 20:03
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
bobbyslove wrote:
> I finished our website last night and they said it wouldn't be
> ready for an hour. Went to bed thinking that's ok I will see it
> in the morning...went to the search bar it could not be found!!!!
> Have I done something wrong or....am I being conned again??? Can
> anybody help me please

Hopefully one of the staff will pick up this post, but you haven't given much information - what is the name of the site that is causing a problem? Did you use the Instant site creator? :-)

PS You are not being conned, certainly not by Freeola!
Thu 22/01/09 at 19:07
Regular
I finished our website last night and they said it wouldn't be ready for an hour. Went to bed thinking that's ok I will see it in the morning...went to the search bar it could not be found!!!! Have I done something wrong or....am I being conned again??? Can anybody help me please

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.