GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it me or..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/01/09 at 13:31
"possibly impossible"
...are these bad ideas?

Telling someone that it's a bad idea to launch missiles at your country by launching missiles at them?

Supplying weapons to a country that you want to stop using weapons?

Preparing people for a recession by encouaging them to spend all their money before they lose their jobs?

Just thoughts....
Wed 07/01/09 at 23:47
Regular
A lot of the companies going into administration were already heavily in debt. For example, Richard Branson was clever enough to sell his debt (Virgin Megastores) to Zavvi many years ago. Zavvi owed Woolworths a lot of money. So when Woolworths went bust, they took Zavvi with them (by calling in the debt).

Most organisations in serious trouble are there because they borrowed money that didn't really exist to expand or stay alive. When the trouble in America hit the rest of the world, this meant that the imaginary money flow stopped, causing companies that were already in trouble to close.

However, as Noddy Holder mentioned on Have I Got News For You, If the money doesn't exist...what is the problem?

Obviously there are many problems in this recession...but he did have a point.
Wed 07/01/09 at 23:15
Regular
"Notable"
Nin wrote:
> Hmmm i wonder which country you could be talking about.
> * strokes beard *

ha.

Guess what I'm stroking...
Wed 07/01/09 at 21:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Everpain wrote:
> Perversely, it is people not spending money that
> causes/aggravates recession. People don't spend money so
> companies don't make profits. They make ends meet by shedding
> jobs. People feel insecure and spend less money, meaning
> companies earn less again....

Numerous companies have recently closed or are giving notice of closure...jobs are lost, families and individuals suffer...but everyone seems to have spent just as much this Christmas as last???
Wed 07/01/09 at 20:03
Regular
"Author of Pain"
Perversely, it is people not spending money that causes/aggravates recession. People don't spend money so companies don't make profits. They make ends meet by shedding jobs. People feel insecure and spend less money, meaning companies earn less again....
Wed 07/01/09 at 13:56
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Hmmm i wonder which country you could be talking about.
* strokes beard *
Wed 07/01/09 at 13:31
"possibly impossible"
...are these bad ideas?

Telling someone that it's a bad idea to launch missiles at your country by launching missiles at them?

Supplying weapons to a country that you want to stop using weapons?

Preparing people for a recession by encouaging them to spend all their money before they lose their jobs?

Just thoughts....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.