GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do I access the BIOS on a DELL system?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/03/03 at 12:55
Regular
On startup there's two options at the top right of the screen, F2 = Setup and F12 = Boot Menu. I'm kind of a computer newb and I don't think either of them options takes me too the BIOS screen. I heard that pressing DEL on startup with take me there but it doesn't.
Tue 01/04/03 at 14:03
Regular
Well theres no point going from 1600 to 1700 really.... and they are not gonna give u results like that.
Might aswell go out and buy a R9700 or a Geforce 4 Ti 4800... if u have a geforce 2 mx.
Tue 01/04/03 at 09:53
Regular
"where's my tag?"
It looks like DELL have made sure their users can't get any extra performance. There are frequency settings in the BIOS but they are blancked out in blue and can't be 'tweaked', and the settings that can be changed (which are far and few between) are in white. Damn you DELL!

Oh, and my cpu is a P4 1600ghz so there could have been room for improvement. I was hoping to increase the speed past 1700mhz.
Tue 01/04/03 at 07:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
However, be careful with SoftFSB, it can cause instability. Also, doesn't it need to be able to recognise your motherboard? If the board doesn't have frequency control options to start with...
Mon 31/03/03 at 23:58
Regular
You can overclock in windows with a program called softfsb if you need a link i can get it.

c.b.
Mon 31/03/03 at 23:45
Regular
Yep and i aint.. but i dont overclock :p
Mon 31/03/03 at 23:23
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
And no overclocker in their right minds would buy a Dell.
Mon 31/03/03 at 22:15
Regular
Well people don't need to bother with those setting unless they overclock...
Mon 31/03/03 at 22:03
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Basically, your motherboard isn't good enough. You need a top end offering from the likes of ABIT to be able to control FSB frequencies to such a fine degree. The normal/compatibility mode is the best your motherboard can offer.

Serves you right for buying a DELL :O)
Mon 31/03/03 at 21:48
Regular
How fast is your CPU?
If it's anything 2.0ghz or an Athlon XP 2000+ i wouldnt bother unless ur an expert at it and think u can get extra performance out of it... and the fact is if u have that kind of processor with a geforce 2 mx it wont do much good.
Mon 31/03/03 at 21:27
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Ok, so Setup is the BIOS, but for some it wont let me change a few key things. I was wanting to over clock my CPU and what I heard was I need to increase the speed of the Front Side Bus by 1 or 2 'MHZ', but it wont let me do that. The only option I can change for my CPU is some sort of speed compatability mode for aplications, where I can choose NORMAL or COMPATABLE.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.