GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Teleporting possible?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/03/03 at 01:32
Regular
I was just thinking, I know this sounds quite weird but at the start of most games the characters of the games are just there and you start playing, or sometimes before you see a pointless clip which helps in no way, but how do your characters get there, and depending on what game you play, you would definetely need an explanation for how they managed to get to a strange place. This even counts on the switch of levels, the level you just complete could have been in the jungle then the next on the rooftop of new york city rooftops, I think there cold be more explaning in that area, sorry if you rad this and thought it was rubbish and a waste of time, but i just wanted to say what i think of the games, andalso here peoples responses to there thougts on what i tink about this, thanks for youre time.
Tue 18/03/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Energy isn't a problem if we master anti-matter as a source...

I hope that was intended as a joke...
as you actually have to create the antimatter, which strangely takes as much energy to do as it would give out in an matter-antimatter annihilation reaction.
So in order to get say the amount of energy of say an exploding star, you have to put as much energy in as you want to get out.
Antimatter is more of a store of energy in this example, unless we find an easily harvestable cloud of antimatter within travelling distance from Earth.
(thats enough physics for me today)
Tue 18/03/03 at 18:08
Regular
my god i cannot Believe your being serious about teleportation. come on to be honest you don't really know what the hell your on about
Tue 18/03/03 at 16:58
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Energy isn't a problem if we master anti-matter as a source...

Reminds me of a question my friend asked me the other day (I was half asleep by the way):

"How do you store anti-matter?"
"Muh, sleepy, err, in matter?"

I felt like a right fool...
Tue 18/03/03 at 13:49
Regular
"Bicycle"
Carnage2324 wrote:
> Sylphetic wrote:
> Hmm... Teleportation is really just an excuse for not being able to
> afford a car.
>
> if* teleportation was possible it would cost billions**

*= If

**= .

Hmmm... Yeah, I really do see your point. But er... Didn't the thought that I might, possibly, have been joking ever cross your mind? Guess not. Well, seeing as we're being all serious now, here's my explanation for it.

If or when teleportation was/will be made possible, I seriously doubt people would use it at start. First, it would be expensive, and the likely hood of your [future] self being different from your other [present] self being dederant. Yet, once they have perfected it, it will be far to expensive to use personally. Well, not FAR to expensive, but still, you'd probably have to be in one of Bill Gates' inner circles to get it. So the likelyhood is that it would be used in a far more public way, like the tube is now. Of course, you're closest teleportation stop might be yonks away, especially if you live in the country, so it would be better to just have bought a car. Unless your cheap [or fat], and want [or need] to walk.

Well what if they build a teleportation stop in front of every country house?!? I hear you umm... Say. Well, if, as I've said, it is expensive, then they probably won't be able to afford it. Or, if they can, they won't be allowed to, because it may harm a fox. Or if it won't harm a fox, it would "...ruin the countryside's charm...". Well, like having a huge great manor wasn't enough.
Tue 18/03/03 at 12:48
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
is no one reading my posts?
Mon 17/03/03 at 17:29
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
So. What ure saying is that you would like to see the character in so and so game transport from a to b. It would make very boring games.

20 minutes killing people in london

10 hours transport in a plane

20 minutes killing people in a jungle

Even if you could escape the "exitingly realistic transport scenes" it would take up most of the disc it came on, if not all of the disc it came on...
Mon 17/03/03 at 17:25
Regular
"stop staring, creep"
Sylphetic wrote:
> Hmm... Teleportation is really just an excuse for not being able to
> afford a car.

if teleportation was possible it would cost billions
Mon 17/03/03 at 15:49
Regular
Like to see the "Haines" manual for it !
Mon 17/03/03 at 15:22
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Updated wrote:
> I thought I also saw some thing about an atom being teleported. But I
> thought one of the problems was that it duplicates the object in the
> process. So you have the original and a copy.

The basic theory goes (not using the magnetic field warping space thing)
is that a device copies an object where each and every particle is located and its nuclear spin... now in doing this it has destroyed the original object... the information is transmitted somehow and a similar device replicates the original object.

Its got something to do with the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and the schrodinger equation (the destroying of the original object)...
Mon 17/03/03 at 14:29
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmm... Teleportation is really just an excuse for not being able to afford a car.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.