GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's everyone playing at the moment ?."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/11/08 at 20:17
Regular
"I like turtles"
The review section is great,but sometimes we just don't have time to write a full length review for everything we have had the chance to play.Please post the games you have tried recently here and let everyone know whats worth checking out and just as importantly what to avoid.

Cheers everyone.
Mon 13/04/09 at 23:08
Regular
Sounds interesting - may give that a go :)
Mon 13/04/09 at 22:35
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Edgy wrote:
> Garin wrote:
>
>
> World of Goo
> Work of genius really. Even better considering I only paid
> £4 for it off Steam
>
> What's it actually about? I've heard good things...but without
> buying the game (nor looking on other websites) I've no idea what
> it is.

Its a puzzle game. The idea is pretty simple, you build a structure from point A to point B. You do so with little balls of goo that crawl over your structure as you build it. As you are building with goo your structure is quite fluid so theres alsorts of physics-madness going on. As I say pretty simple but the game has so much charm about it.
Mon 13/04/09 at 19:31
Regular
Garin wrote:

>
> World of Goo
> Work of genius really. Even better considering I only paid
> £4 for it off Steam

What's it actually about? I've heard good things...but without buying the game (nor looking on other websites) I've no idea what it is.

Oh, and I'm currently playing Bioshock and Red Alert 3 Uprising on PC, and Wario Ware (new one) on DSi :)
Mon 13/04/09 at 18:50
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Broken Sword on the Wii. It's a strange experience, playing the same game from an entirely difference character. I've no idea whether anything from the original game will even feature.
Mon 13/04/09 at 02:43
Regular
"Mooching around"
Whilst away from uni I only have my Wii to entertain me.

So I'm now an expert at Wii Sports Bowling, got a star ranking in everything on Mario Kart, and have nearly finished Guitar Hero 3 on expert.

I'm so bored...
Sun 12/04/09 at 21:00
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Enchanted Arms
A pretty standard JRPG, overly frequent random battles, end game that requiring level grinding to make it doable etc.. One thing thats really impressive though is how bad the voice acting and scripting is. I dont even think its the result of poor translation, they really meant it all. Still without it I dont think I'd have continued playing as its kept me quite entertained.
And given I only paid £3 for it, good purchase. :)

World of Goo
Work of genius really. Even better considering I only paid £4 for it off Steam
Sun 12/04/09 at 20:10
Regular
"I like turtles"
Thought I would resurrect this thread.

I'm currently playing :

Guitar Hero Metallica,I have posted a review for it if anyone's interested.Its fantastic but its not the easiest game of its kind.I have already broken one guitar on it !.

Army Of Two,which was cheap and is basically a Gears Of War rip off.Its alright for the £8.99 I picked it up for,wouldn't have paid much more for it though.

Just ordered Left 4 Dead as I missed that when it came out.There's nothing else about at the moment that really grabs me to be honest.Unless someone can point me towards something I may have overlooked ?.
Mon 05/01/09 at 23:19
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Nin wrote:
> That's what I'm playing through at the moment, it's not bad but
> that might be the novelty of the Wii.

Ahh, I played it on 360. Barely touch my Wii these days. Though did play some more Ghost Squad a week or so ago. That game's ace! :D

Love lightgun games.
Mon 05/01/09 at 23:17
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Grandprix wrote:
> Were you part of Free Radical? That was really bad news. Was
> looking forward to Timesplitters 4. Anything you can tell us
> about projects they were working on, what might happen to them
> etc?

Yeah, I was a Lead Designer there.

Can't really comment on any of their projects as technically it's kinda still limping along... lol
Fri 02/01/09 at 23:07
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Cooky wrote:
> Tomb Raider Underworld however, was awesome!! Everyone should
> have a go on that one. :)

That's what I'm playing through at the moment, it's not bad but that might be the novelty of the Wii.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.