GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jackass: The Movie - An opinion"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/03/03 at 14:21
Regular
**I do talk about some of the stunts featured in the film - if you want it to be a surprise, don't read on. Cheers**

The suggestion of turning a half-hour television programme in to a 90-minute feature film is hardly a new one. Many action films were televised before given the Warner Bros treatment, along with kids cartoons like X-Men or Transformers (god bless the Transformers movies).

However, justifying a film budget for a bunch of stoned twenty-somethings to go and hurt themsevles sounds like a risky move on Paramount's part. Yet it paid off. Jackass: The Movie is a work of anti-pretty-much-everything genius.

Upon the opening of the film, it is hard to see how there could be a wealthy film company behind the movie. Apparently, the cameras used were more expensive, or higher quality or something. And the plane tickets to take the entire crew to Tokyo and back must have cost a fair amount. For the most part, however, the Jackass movie appears limited to showing injured Americans being sick over each other. Urinating on a snow-cone and then eating it is probably the sickest point in the film, although the bungee-wedgie idea and the butt-launched fireworks come a pretty close second.

The movie contains the usual Jackass crew; Knoxville and Margera tend to take the lead in most of their scenes (such as Knoxville being shot in the gut with a beanbag fired from a rifle, or Bam waking up his parents by letting of fireworks in their bedroom). Cameos include Eric Koston (who tries to teach JK how to 50-50, with painful results) and Tony Hawk and Mat Hoffman showing their stuff dressed up in fat suits.

The 90 minutes is filled with a mixture of self-mutilation, suicidal stunts (tightrope-walking over an alligator pool?) and Trigger-Happy TV style tricks. One of the highlights of the movie is the point at which Knoxville, Margera and one of their buddies get professionally made up to look really old, and then go on a shoplifting and electric-wheelchair-stunt-driving spree (Rocketing down a hill crying "My brakes! My brakes!" has to be one of the funniest things I've seen ever).

It's definately a lads movie (although there are copious amounts of male nudity from 'Party Boy' Pontius), but the 18-rating will have alienated most of Jackass' teenaged demographic. Yet the fact it hit number 1 in the American box-office simply proves the popularity of the skate-culture in society at the moment.

I loved this film. You'll love this film. Go see it. Thanks for reading.
Tue 11/03/03 at 17:08
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Pal88 wrote:
> Pal88 here

Why do you always say that?!?! Your name is next to your post!

> I luv jackass and i think the movie looks promising and very good but
> when is it coming cause it hasnt hit my cinemas yet.
> We've got maid in manhatten (zzzz) and chicago to which i dont
> fully know about just yet..

You're obviously not old enough to see it anyway, it's an 18 (for big people) and you need to be able to spell proppererly before you can go and see it!

> I also do my own little or big jackasses and record them cause one day
> when jackass has finished i can show them all my stunts so then
> jackass can live on forever.

"MTV will not view any videos of your or your mates being Jackasses"

"We will however laugh at you when you accidently nail your head to a wooden post which results in you suffering from death"
Tue 11/03/03 at 15:10
Regular
Who's Jack and what are you doing filming his a-ss?

You sick little man.
Tue 11/03/03 at 14:30
Regular
Pal88 here

I luv jackass and i think the movie looks promising and very good but when is it coming cause it hasnt hit my cinemas yet.
We've got maid in manhatten (zzzz) and chicago to which i dont fully know about just yet..

Jackass the series was one of the best things to ever hit mtv and ch4.
I also do my own little or big jackasses and record them cause one day when jackass has finished i can show them all my stunts so then jackass can live on forever.

But enough about me and lets talk about Jackass:movie... Has anyone seen it, is it as good asit looks i need answers.... now
Sun 09/03/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
Mystique wrote:
> Har har. It's not worth paying north of six quid to see anyways.

Do you honestly pay more than £6 to go and see a movie? My multiplex charges £3.70 for a student and £4.10 for an adult. £6 is ridiculous! What are the popcorn prices like?
Sat 08/03/03 at 20:41
Regular
"keep your receipt"
dude I just dude the milk test where myself and a friend raced to drink a gallon of milk...I tell ya, the results ain't pretty. Unforntunately the camera we filmed with isn't digital so I can't put the movie up put when my friend emails me the digital stills we took (of me mid-barf) then I'll let ya know!
Sat 08/03/03 at 19:02
Regular
Har har. It's not worth paying north of six quid to see anyways. Just like watching Jackass on MTV for an hour and a half
Sat 08/03/03 at 18:37
"Tagline"
It's so annoying! I'm a huge fan of Jackass, but I'm only 13 so I can't go and see the film. As if anyone else appart from them are gonna go and shove fireworks up their as§ and sett them off!!
Sat 08/03/03 at 18:14
Regular
"Couldn't Give a stu"
i preferred the Sweaty Fat I also do some stuff/stunts
Thu 06/03/03 at 18:28
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
CDouch wrote:

>
> Well you are 'cos that's what they've done a fair few times on the CKY
> videos. But they've done it with more of an assortment of objects.

Yeah well, CKY did everything Jackass has done before them. I preferred it, since it had more skating stuff and Margera had the lead. I quite like the Welsh one too. Dirty something, I think.

God bless those people that want to hurt themselves for my entertainment.
Thu 06/03/03 at 16:08
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Small Frog wrote:
> Yeah - me and my friends at college do some similar stuff. Recently,
> we ripped the legs off some college chairs, and nailed flat pieces of
> wood to the undersides. Then we tied them to the back of a car, and
> dragged people sitting on them at high speed along a local dirt track.
> It's all on camera.

> Wouldn't want to go anywhere near the lengths the Jackass crew go though.

Well you are 'cos that's what they've done a fair few times on the CKY videos. But they've done it with more of an assortment of objects.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.