GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Call of Duty 5"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Call Of Duty 5 : World At War'.
Mon 17/11/08 at 12:13
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I got this on Saturday for £27 in Asda which almost caused fights in store, as only 7 copies came in on the delivery. Me and my gf put our names down on the list as soon as we got into store, but people who'd been waiting an hour hadn't put their names down. Obviously when we got 2 copies and they got none it wasn't a very pretty scene.

Anywhoo back to the game itself.

What are people thinking of it?

The Menu text just feels and looks tacky and cheap, its like they have asked a kid to choose the font for it and when it loads up it just doesn't have the COD feel and feels like I'm booting up a Medal of Honor game.

The Coop part of the game is ruined by the fact that you cant split the screen the normal horizontal way and have to have it divided vertically. This makes it impossible to play.

I am liking the multiplayer part of the game when I actually got a game I could stay in, Kept getting Error messages about the server for the best part of Sunday. When I did get on a game with some friends I thought it was good.

In my view the general feel of the game is naff and feels as if they have relyed to much on COD4 for the promotion and haven't actually done anything new and in some aspects have actually made it worse.

What are your views?
Wed 19/11/08 at 16:58
Regular
ANYBODY GETTING NEGATIVE XP?? I know need -1111 xp, i have completed the tommy gun marksman challenge that should give me a suppressor, but it doesnt unlock!!!! HELP ANYONE.....the yellow XP bar also goes off the screen !!!!!!!

Darren
Wed 19/11/08 at 04:13
Regular
COD5 is a promising game it is lacking RPG elements as said in PC Power play it is enjoyable when playing online on PS3 i play with my other friends addicted to the COD series
Mon 17/11/08 at 15:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I posted something in the WLT a moment ago. I am enjoying it, although typical Treyarch problems seem to take the edge away from it.

Ended up paying £3.60 for mine as traded in some games I'd no use for and the deputy gave me a student discount...(heh, nice to stay friendly with management) and had £2.50 on my reward card.

Veteran is the way to play, still find bits too easy, although I am stuck on one part at the moment which is going to really bug me for days.

Online, well worth playing. The attack dogs alone are much more entertaining than the helicopter. Scary and gritty and the new War mode (old mode Domination) is pretty awesome - capture and hold the flags, but in order.

It's a bit of a surprise that I'd give it about an 8/10!
Mon 17/11/08 at 14:44
"possibly impossible"
Hopefully Zombie Nazi mode will be great and enough of an incentive to beat the single player game.

I think I will eventually get this, but maybe it's not my first choice at the moment with so much else coming out.
Mon 17/11/08 at 12:29
Regular
"THFC"
Um i was looking forward to it........ hopefully the online problems will be fixed soon, i will only go through the one player due to Achievement hunting lol.

But hopefully i will have it soon and the online will be fun. But i have got a few games coming soon and do not want to leave any of them behind. Once i finish GoW2 story and the level 50 horde i think i will move on!
Mon 17/11/08 at 12:13
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
I got this on Saturday for £27 in Asda which almost caused fights in store, as only 7 copies came in on the delivery. Me and my gf put our names down on the list as soon as we got into store, but people who'd been waiting an hour hadn't put their names down. Obviously when we got 2 copies and they got none it wasn't a very pretty scene.

Anywhoo back to the game itself.

What are people thinking of it?

The Menu text just feels and looks tacky and cheap, its like they have asked a kid to choose the font for it and when it loads up it just doesn't have the COD feel and feels like I'm booting up a Medal of Honor game.

The Coop part of the game is ruined by the fact that you cant split the screen the normal horizontal way and have to have it divided vertically. This makes it impossible to play.

I am liking the multiplayer part of the game when I actually got a game I could stay in, Kept getting Error messages about the server for the best part of Sunday. When I did get on a game with some friends I thought it was good.

In my view the general feel of the game is naff and feels as if they have relyed to much on COD4 for the promotion and haven't actually done anything new and in some aspects have actually made it worse.

What are your views?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.