GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CITY PREPARING TO MAKE NAME CHANGE"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/02/03 at 16:48
Regular
With a new future unveiled at the Walkers Stadium on Thursday it may not be long before Leicester City Football Club has a new name too, if incoming chairman Jon Holmes gets his way.

Holmes plans to revert to the club's old name of 'Leicester Fosse' - the name the original team was know by until 1919 - and if it goes ahead the new name could be used as soon as the start of next season.

Holmes' consortium formally took charge on Thursday, and if the Football League approve the deal at a Board meeting later, the club will no longer be under the control of the administrators.

But City's name may not be appearing on next season's fixture lists. Holmes said: "I want to institute a debate as to the club name. I will be putting forward the suggestion that from next season the club is known as Leicester Fosse.

"The club has been reclaimed by the community and I want to give the community the chance to tell us what their club should be known as.

"The more I thought about returning to the name the more sensible it seemed. City is the name of 15 clubs in the league and the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa are unique."

Leicester Fosse were founded in 1884 but went into liquidation shortly after the First World War.

Ironically they were taken over and underwent a name-change to their existing title to coincide with Leicester's elevation to city status.

What does everyone think about this?

What name do you prefer Leicester City or Leicester Fosse?
Fri 14/02/03 at 13:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Yeah, but then they'd be the... "Fosse Foxes"! :D

What a joke!

I'd love to see the fans' reactions if the name IS changed...
Thu 13/02/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I would prefer them to stay with Leicester City.
Thu 13/02/03 at 16:48
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
With a new future unveiled at the Walkers Stadium on Thursday it may not be long before Leicester City Football Club has a new name too, if incoming chairman Jon Holmes gets his way.

Holmes plans to revert to the club's old name of 'Leicester Fosse' - the name the original team was know by until 1919 - and if it goes ahead the new name could be used as soon as the start of next season.

Holmes' consortium formally took charge on Thursday, and if the Football League approve the deal at a Board meeting later, the club will no longer be under the control of the administrators.

But City's name may not be appearing on next season's fixture lists. Holmes said: "I want to institute a debate as to the club name. I will be putting forward the suggestion that from next season the club is known as Leicester Fosse.

"The club has been reclaimed by the community and I want to give the community the chance to tell us what their club should be known as.

"The more I thought about returning to the name the more sensible it seemed. City is the name of 15 clubs in the league and the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, Nottingham Forest and Aston Villa are unique."

Leicester Fosse were founded in 1884 but went into liquidation shortly after the First World War.

Ironically they were taken over and underwent a name-change to their existing title to coincide with Leicester's elevation to city status.

What does everyone think about this?

What name do you prefer Leicester City or Leicester Fosse?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.