GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Far Cry demo"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Tue 06/09/05 at 19:26
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Last night while playing I thought I would try something different, so near the start of the beach level where you come across the first patrol boat I went swimming.

Where the boat had stopped there was a section of sand just about high enough to stand on and shoot the guards. I thought I would try the demo from my new gun boat toy!

I was really surprised to find that you could travel around the island by sea, and getting inland is easy with all the rivers. Its great floating up the river shooting everyone in reach with the onboard gun.

What other ways has everyone found to do this fantastic demo?
Wed 07/09/05 at 09:22
Regular
"8==="
Oh and the ability to take off any auto-aim.

I was trying to shoot a barrel and ended up shooting a guard about 2 feet away even though I was using the silencers.
Wed 07/09/05 at 09:16
Regular
"8==="
Went back to it again, this time I just ran up and knifed the aearly guards to pieces because it's just that easy with the demo's AI. Then I got the boat and blew a load of people away (daft how if you go to far you get a warning and you're basically dead as soon as you hear the warning as the helicopter comes and kills you no matter how wuickly you get back into the safe zone).

Found a new valley and the waterfall with another boat, found another way into the base you steal an ATV From and wiped out the base this time (couldn't work the digger although I'm sure in the main game that's something you can use to break a fence/building.

Rather than race down the last bit I walked it leisurely killin guards on the way (shot the gunner out of the heli straight away - had the impotent heli following me for a bit though it was unable to do anything.

Found a way to get back into the valley I found earlier from higher up (kind of pointless but I liked the way that I could get back there rather than have an invisible wall block my way.

A few issues, some places you can fall 5 feet and be fine and in others you fall 5 feet and it's instant death. :S

Also fallen trees that are half a foot wide and are yet unscaleable/unjumpable aren't welcome either.

It was odd walking along the last bit watching the scripted events go off one after another (Helicopters taking down trees instead of just blowing me up as I was walking instead of driving) but there you go.

Good fun - I just hope the AI and later levels are better, and a bit more freedom wouldn't go amiss either (hopefully that's for later levels).
Wed 07/09/05 at 08:13
Regular
I quite enjoyed playing the demo too. It's one I'm going to keep an eye on I think.
Tue 06/09/05 at 22:16
Regular
Reminds me of Turok Evolution.

Heh, hopefully it's better.

:p
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:44
Regular
Yup, the ragdolls are generally excellent.

There's a few bugs in the demo, but I'm sure everything will be fixed for the final release at the end of the month.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:42
Regular
I'm thinking of getting this.

Hopefully it has a nice ragdoll physics engine so the deaths are even more funnier.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:40
Regular
OddToe wrote:
> Hmmmm..isn't this game supposed to be terrible?
>
> Will it have MP?

No and yes.

There's a lot of vines on the island you can climb up and pick enemies off from. The best one to climb takes you up high and you can roll a log down a hill to take out the guards below, it looks hilarious.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:34
Regular
Hmmmm..isn't this game supposed to be terrible?

Will it have MP?
Tue 06/09/05 at 19:26
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Last night while playing I thought I would try something different, so near the start of the beach level where you come across the first patrol boat I went swimming.

Where the boat had stopped there was a section of sand just about high enough to stand on and shoot the guards. I thought I would try the demo from my new gun boat toy!

I was really surprised to find that you could travel around the island by sea, and getting inland is easy with all the rivers. Its great floating up the river shooting everyone in reach with the onboard gun.

What other ways has everyone found to do this fantastic demo?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.