GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gears of War 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gears of War 2'.
Thu 06/11/08 at 09:01
Regular
"THFC"
A little bit early i know, but i just can't wait to get my hands on it. Basically thought we would need to have a thread where we can all discuss this game, i know plenty of us are getting it and in that sense we should have a place where we can talk about it.

Also useful if you find any secrets / collectables etc etc, but remember to use the SPOILER buttons - as some people may not be as far!

I have just uploaded all 50 Achievemtns in the cheats section so we can help each other with them or give assistance and guidance to getting them.

Would be good if we could also get people posting if they going online and fancy a match, the usual stuff but i figure a big game like this deserves some special attention.

Look forward to hearing your thought on the game and playing Online with you!
Fri 21/11/08 at 09:57
Regular
"THFC"
Managed to do more co-op with Simian last night, got into the last Act and pretty near the end i think.

Story is good, really enjoying it, would like to hopefully get it all finished off in the next day or two. And as i have done it on Hardcore it will unlock a few extra achievements and done it all on co-op aswell. which is all good stuff!
Thu 20/11/08 at 08:16
Regular
"THFC"
I am approaching the end of the 4th Act and i have heard the 5th is a wind down and not that long, so hopefully i can get the storry done before the weekend and then i can concentrate on picking up a couple more achievements and playing COD5 and Naruto.

But the story does flow pretty well and i think it is a great plot!
Tue 18/11/08 at 09:32
"possibly impossible"
Well, I'll see when I can get online, but I really need to go through the story myself. That said, i'm only going to do that after completing the story on the first game!
Tue 18/11/08 at 08:02
Regular
"THFC"
100,000 kills is too much, i will not be getting that one!

I dont mind helping people out on level in Horde if i am about, my concentration will go on to the co-op story mode now, i am on Act 4, Chaptger 3..... i think. So getting towards the end and i want to see how the story goes as so far it has been great
Mon 17/11/08 at 21:42
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
pb wrote:
> is there an Achievement for doing a certain amount in a row
> without dying or restarting?

Don't think so :(

Best thing is you can work towards the "kill 100,000" achievement on Horde. So far, the best way I've found to notch up kills is to play on the level with the huge transporters, whack on the cannon towards the hordes of locusts with grappling hooks across the way - easy 100 or so kills :D
Mon 17/11/08 at 21:18
"possibly impossible"
ah.... the kids have just gone back to bed (being ill, they keep getting up).

Wonder if anyone else is going to be around for Horde now that 3 of you have got up to 50. Really hope people keep on playing, it's good fun on it's own just playing and trying to survive.

is there an Achievement for doing a certain amount in a row without dying or restarting?
Mon 17/11/08 at 20:30
Regular
"THFC"
I finally did it, me and Black finished the last couple off, Simian was with us but his connection kept going. I actually feel like i have really earned that achievement, kind of wish something else was unlocked, but still very satisfying!
Mon 17/11/08 at 17:51
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm up to level 9 on my own, but like pb, had fun joining in at the higher levels, I've not done too much either. Hopefully will be on soon :)
Mon 17/11/08 at 17:29
"possibly impossible"
Probably easier to ask what I'm not missing!

The problem is that I've just been having so much fun joining in other Horde games that I've not really done much in the way of the early levels.
Mon 17/11/08 at 15:10
Regular
"THFC"
What levels are you missing pb?? i am sure if you jump in and help me and Simian out then we will be able to do some earlier levels with you.

Going through most of Horde with 2 people is a mission lol!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.