GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"N64 & NDS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 14:46
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
The nintendo 64 has much better graphics than the new nintendo handheld, I doubt if n64 become the new handheld now what would happen to sony psp...
Sat 24/09/05 at 14:37
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
gimo80 wrote:

> Yes, the graphics might not be as good as the PSP's

Gameplay is by far more important than graphics on any game. I still go back to games that are 15-20+ years old simply because of the gameplay.

Just last weekend I was at the seaside because it was a really nice weekend, went in an arcade and spotted Track 'n' Field and simply had to have a go. Did quite well as well.
Sat 24/09/05 at 13:51
Regular
"Divine Davine"
The Burner 247 wrote:
> NDS was a waste of time creating, The graphics are terrible but the
> revolution might be the same price of nds on future and it might be
> like ps2 graphics.

Er, what?

No, the DS was certainly not a waste of time, mate. Yes, the graphics might not be as good as the PSP's, but you really shouldn't compare the two consoles. One derives in originality whilst the other is just all modern technology crammed into one.

Plus it shows how shallow you really are, judging a game's console by its graphics.

Now scram.
Sat 24/09/05 at 12:38
Regular
"the burning sky"
The Burner 247 wrote:
> NDS was a waste of time creating, The graphics are terrible but the
> revolution might be the same price of nds on future and it might be
> like ps2 graphics.

Excuse me?
Sat 24/09/05 at 12:25
Regular
"Beg For Mercy"
NDS was a waste of time creating, The graphics are terrible but the revolution might be the same price of nds on future and it might be like ps2 graphics.
Sat 24/09/05 at 11:46
Regular
PS2 is much more powerful than the PSP, its just that the PSP uses Nurbs and has a smaller screen, giving the impression of PS2 quality.
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:38
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Bonus wrote:
> The PSP is basically a small PS2

My point exactly why I'm slagging it off. And I did say it's my own opinion. I've experienced the PS2 and I gave it a much better chance than what I normally give something that I find crap from the start. Some things on the PS2 I liked, but hardly enough to balance the scales between things I liked and didn't.
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
Bonus wrote:
> The PSP is basically a small PS2

Which makes people want to buy it why?
Sat 24/09/05 at 10:14
Regular
I agree i prefere playing the legend games on N64 then playin with a new handheld console. N64 Rocks!!
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:09
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Yeah, the resolution is a tad lower (the textures were evident in Mario 64 DS), but overall I felt the game looked a bit better. The character models were great, and in some areas the environments looked way better.

Dire, Dire Docks? Oh yes.
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:06
Regular
gimo80 wrote:
> No the DS has better graphics than the N64. It has a few more
> graphical capabilities and a higher polygon count, so models in games
> can look that bit more impressive - Nintendogs? Wow.

But it's on a much lower resolution, just like the PSP vs PS2 arguement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.