GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cryengine 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Far Cry'.
Fri 30/09/05 at 15:10
Regular
"Captain to you."
Ok it's a crappy cam of the footage but it's bloody sweet, would love to see the ful high quality version.

[URL]http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1190[/URL]
Sat 01/10/05 at 09:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Battlezone was the best because I could jump into each unit and play
> it on the battlefield. Dungeon Keeper (might've been 2) was good for
> that sort of thing too.

Battlezone was a quality product. RTS and FPS all in one. It was well ahead of its time, but was criminally neglected.
Sat 01/10/05 at 08:56
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I was throwing budget games at my PC in 2001, I got my 450 to run Severence so I was quite chuffed with that.

That seriously needed a controller though.

Bought a ton of RTS games off a mate and those were gold but their learning curves were pretty steep.

I got something called Battlezone going to and something like Warzone 2100 impressed me because you had to steal blueprints from oyur enemies to upgrade your units.

Battlezone was the best because I could jump into each unit and play it on the battlefield. Dungeon Keeper (might've been 2) was good for that sort of thing too.

I think Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes' like that too but I haven't got around to playing it on my Xbox yet. Might play the upcoming prequel game first.
Sat 01/10/05 at 08:49
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Anyway, I didn't know it was for work.
>
> The way you portrayed it as spending a grand to play one game seemed
> funny, t'is all.

Heh. My job was in transition, and FarCry killed my machine. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to get a beast of a pc. Best decision I ever made. :D
Sat 01/10/05 at 08:46
Regular
"8==="
Anyway, I didn't know it was for work.

The way you portrayed it as spending a grand to play one game seemed funny, t'is all.
Sat 01/10/05 at 08:43
Regular
"8==="
That's the one where you roll the ball and everything sticks to it right? I've seen the PS2 version.

I bet Nintendo are kicking themselves that they didn't come up with that one.
Sat 01/10/05 at 08:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Heh.
>
> I don't mix work and games on the same machine.
>
> It feels very wrong.

I do miss console games occasionally. Katamari Damacy looks superb.
Sat 01/10/05 at 08:39
Regular
"8==="
Heh.

I don't mix work and games on the same machine.

It feels very wrong.

That said, the 360'll have a marketplace structure so I might have to re-evaluate.
Sat 01/10/05 at 08:35
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> It's all about the people you play with. If you've played with idiots
> then you have my sympathy but you should try slightly harder.

From my experiences of playing at a friends house numerous times, it's all annoying teenages and annoying yanks. Sorry, but I've found it's not for me.

> That's going to keep me chuckling for a while.
>
> Seriously? 1 grand?

Yup. A top of the line machine built from redundancy cash. I had nearly ten disposable, I spent 1k on something important.

>
> As for work: I'm running a stable 450 that isn't in the habit of
> crashing. You must have had a dodgy setup.

Also, I'm a developer. I have a hell of a lot of stuff running simultaneously. A 650 Mhz with 256Mb just didn't cut it.

*Shrug* Laugh all you want. I don't mind paying a grand (if it were off the shelf it would be double) for something that's incredibly useful for the fiances' university, my university (finished now) playign a few cutting edge games, and most important of all, my livelyhood. A console is for games and games alone. I couldn't work from home with an Xbox.
Sat 01/10/05 at 08:07
Regular
"8==="
It's all about the people you play with. If you've played with idiots then you have my sympathy but you should try slightly harder.

That's going to keep me chuckling for a while.

Seriously? 1 grand?

As for work: I'm running a stable 450 that isn't in the habit of crashing. You must have had a dodgy setup.
Sat 01/10/05 at 07:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Spending a grand to play a new game?
>
> There are consoles out there y'know.

3 games actually, and all the other pc games released since then, until I have to reupgrade.

Oh, plus, you know, work and stuff. A good machine solves frequent crashes.

A pc with broadband saves me from the teeth spitting idiocy and look of Xbox Live.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.