GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F.E.A.R."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'F.E.A.R'.
Sun 16/10/05 at 02:13
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Out right this minute, allot of retailers seem to be stocking it early despite it’s Tuesday release date, heck, I’ve even seen it on the shelves at my local ASDA, and they’re crap for selling the latest PC games. My copy was waiting for me this morning and first impressions are very good. If you liked the demo, you’ll find little to disappoint with the full version.

The AI is top notch, the first time I’ve actually found myself being flanked by enemies, pinned down by their weapons, flushed out with grenades and even encircled by those I foolishly though just ran away to hide. It gives the action sequences a much more cinematic feel. The scary bits are plentiful too, the demo only gave a brief taste of these, there are many more in the full game, some of which only made me go ‘meh’ others made me whimper like a little sissy.

It’s certainly not varied, if your not shooting things then you tend to be in dark, dingy corridors waiting for the next apparition to appear, but damn, it’s fun, perhaps some of the most fun I’ve had with a FPS for a long while.
Tue 01/11/05 at 14:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Don't want to ruin the end for anyone, but [URL]http://www.ruinedendings.com/film466ending[/URL]
Tue 01/11/05 at 13:40
Regular
"serenity now!"
Using slo-mo to chuck a nade then set it off by shooting it is pretty fun too.

I guess you could do it without slo-mo but you'd need some 1337 skillz.
Tue 01/11/05 at 11:34
Regular
"Captain to you."
One thing fear has got down is the animation on the enemies, they move pretty well and smoothly, although when behind walls they keep leaving a leg visable meaning that they get bullets in it.

The slow-mo + nades is great when you throw one it bounces off the floor hits a wall, up in to the air and takes out 3 guys, just leaving legs and arms with a huge blood stain.
Mon 31/10/05 at 19:17
Regular
What. An. End. Fantastic.
Mon 31/10/05 at 13:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chippxero wrote:
> I set it to hard and still not having to much trouble with enemies, i
> think the head hitboxes must be too big or they just stick them out
> too much as pistols still the quickest weapon for kills.

Yup. Now I've got to grips with the (glitchy) A.I., weapons and controls, there's not much of a challenge. Helps that I'm sober too.

I wish I'd just played the demo 5 or 6 times one after the other instead of paying for this now. :(
Mon 31/10/05 at 13:27
Regular
"Captain to you."
yeah scary bits nice, rest of game :(

I set it to hard and still not having to much trouble with enemies, i think the head hitboxes must be too big or they just stick them out too much as pistols still the quickest weapon for kills.
Mon 31/10/05 at 10:38
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Excellent game
> too.

I'm starting to find this title incredibly dull. No variation in environments or enemies.

There's only so many times you can see the same disused office / warehouse corridor.

*snore*
Sun 30/10/05 at 15:16
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmm...

WoW still pwns.

As for FEAR, well, it looks good... But will my lowly 9600XT work well enough to make it worth my while?
Sun 30/10/05 at 13:44
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Chippxero wrote:
> Most fights i have won using only a pistol as they seem to stick
> their heads out begging to die, 2 bullets tops to take out each guy.

I'm playing on hard and it's certainly no walkover. Excellent game too.

With this, Q4 (amazing art direction, simplistic gameplay, but FUN, something D3 was seriosly lacking in) and lost coast, my faith in none WoW game has been restored.
Thu 27/10/05 at 19:15
Regular
"Captain to you."
played a bit of this yesterday and although i'm only about an hour in to the game i have to say there hasn't been one challenging fight yet. I am only playing o the default difficulting but i expected the enemies to put up much more of a fight.

Most fights i have won using only a pistol as they seem to stick their heads out begging to die, 2 bullets tops to take out each guy.

Also if you run at them they seem to get confused and run out ni the open mang nice easy targets.

I might start over and set it a bit higher as like this the odd scary scene is all thats keeping me playing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.