GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halloween movie suggestions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/10/08 at 17:26
Regular
I just skipped ahead and it looks like theres utter garbage on Halloween night. (Cabin Fever, Black Book, Die Another Day, Vanilla Sky, Blair Witch 2, Halloween 2, When Good Ghouls Go Bad, Harlequin)

So I was wondering what movies you guys would recommend for Halloween night. And on a related note, seriously why doesn't the killer ever use a gun? Is it really that much more fun to kill people with a knife/hook/machete?
Fri 24/10/08 at 22:40
Regular
"eat toast!"
Is it really that much more fun to kill people with a knife/hook/machete?

Yes. It makes them more nasty and dangerous. Like most psychopathic murderers.
Fri 24/10/08 at 22:15
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Dawn of the Dead, but then i love the whole Romero series.
Fri 24/10/08 at 21:31
Regular
"not dead"
The film I still find scariest is 'The Thing'. If anyone hasn't seen it, they really should.
Fri 24/10/08 at 20:57
Regular
"I like turtles"
I really liked the Spanish horror film 'REC'.Just had the US remake released in American cinema's called 'Quarantine' which looks really lame and crap (like most US remakes then).Its subtitled but wouldn't let that put anyone off its a great horror film and with a running time of only 75 mins the pace of it is pretty relentless.Its available for a mere £4.28 : Here
Fri 24/10/08 at 20:46
"possibly impossible"
Forgot, if you want something just very very disturbing, go for the recently released Haxan: Witch­craft Through the Ages.

In essences, 2 versions of an old silent Scandanavian movie about devil worship and witchcraft, Haxan was originally an art house classic, revitalised with a soundtrack and voice over for a western audience as 'Witch­craft Through the Ages'.

Both versions are on the DVD and if you like odd (very odd) then it's worth a look. But I warn you, it's got some pretty nasty moments.
Fri 24/10/08 at 20:31
"possibly impossible"
Mirrors is, apparently, not very good.

Halloween 3, that's what you need to watch. Corny, badly acted but the whole bug bit makes me go eurgh! every time I see it, and a perfect premise for this time of year. Plus you don't need to have seen the other 2 as it's a completely seperate story.

For out and out scariness American films just don't work, they have bags of gore but not much creep. Japanese and Korean horror is the way to go if you want to sleep with the lights on. The original versions of The Ring, The Eye, One Missed Call and The Grudge (Ju-on) are the way to go.

The Orphanage is a good recent example of European horror (Spanish), but for earlier examples look for Italian cinema's Dario Argento's Suspiria or the creepy Ovidio Assonitis' Beyond the Door, both show their age but the latter still creeps me out.
Fri 24/10/08 at 20:01
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
hippyman wrote:
> *Hopes everyone knows I was kidding about the first
> statement*

Damn should have read the whole post first before dialing 999.

Mirrors is on at the cinema at the moment, probably quite appropriate for Halloween. Saw the trailer the other day, the bit where the woman tears open her own mouth is just wrong (and I don't think possible?!)!
Fri 24/10/08 at 19:53
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Machie wrote:
> Is it really that much more fun to kill
> people with a knife/hook/machete?

Too right I've tried it with both and the melee option is so much better...should have kept that to myself :S

Nah, I guess those kinds of weapons make a more gory scene than a quick shot with a gun. Plus it involves the psycho coming close to the victim.

Does appear to be drivel on though. They should put the SAW films on. Only seen the first one and would be good to watch a few of the films near Halloween.

*Hopes everyone knows I was kidding about the first statement*
Fri 24/10/08 at 17:26
Regular
I just skipped ahead and it looks like theres utter garbage on Halloween night. (Cabin Fever, Black Book, Die Another Day, Vanilla Sky, Blair Witch 2, Halloween 2, When Good Ghouls Go Bad, Harlequin)

So I was wondering what movies you guys would recommend for Halloween night. And on a related note, seriously why doesn't the killer ever use a gun? Is it really that much more fun to kill people with a knife/hook/machete?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.