GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Video Games blamed again"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/09/08 at 10:30
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
Idiot trys to recreate GTA apparently....

Highlights include:

One pal said of Chinnery: “He’s a really quiet bloke. I can’t believe what happened.” - ahem, have a look at the frontpage pic of him......

I bet you anything the music and violent films that this guy listened to/watched had just as much effect, but of course, apparently it was just the evil games that influenced him to do his 'missions'.

The slideshow is rather funny, mind - particularly the first image. A crudely photoshoped GTA bloke wielding a rocket launcher alongside a crudely photoshoped-in pedestrian, in a random location.
Thu 11/09/08 at 22:25
Regular
Dear Deirdre has done so much for our society. Whys is my babymaker bent? =(
Thu 11/09/08 at 22:17
Regular
"eat toast!"
i repeat its from the sun, the sun is a tabloid newspaper and should only be read out of amusement, to relieve sexual pent up anger and reading up on other peoples sexual pent up anger in dear deidre.
Thu 11/09/08 at 21:14
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
McLong wrote:
> I just like the bit that says:
>
> "A copy of Grand Theft Auto was found at his home by
> police. "

>
> Wow...

I'm going to bury the evidence...

I "borrowed" a pen from the office today. If the police turn up and see GTA, I'm done for!
Thu 11/09/08 at 00:29
Regular
"Mooching around"
Simian wrote:
> The slideshow is rather funny, mind - particularly the first
> image. A crudely photoshoped GTA bloke wielding a rocket launcher
> alongside a crudely photoshoped-in pedestrian, in a random
> location.

I love the second picture, two randomly generated pedestrians, one of whom happens to be black and therefore a "menace". Ha.
Wed 10/09/08 at 21:10
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
Luetchyboy wrote:
> I just read the bit that says "He attacked his first
> victim under a railway bridge, pulling down her trousers and
> touching her breasts.
"
>
> Since when were breasts down there?
>
> (Just for the record abusing anyone is wrong and
> should not be taken lightly)

Knees = Leg breasts
Wed 10/09/08 at 17:31
"Was the man of marz"
YH wrote:
> Is Crossbob still about? I was hoping he'd have cheered up by
> now. Ho. Ho.

He made a guest appearance a while back.

> Any one remember the killing of Stefan Pakeerah in Leicester a
> few years ago, blamed on Manhunt? The Sun (and Daily Mail I
> believe) went on the rampage then blaming the game and all the
> rest of it.

Yep, didn't Dixons ban the game because of it?

> Until
> it was announced
by the police that the game was in fact
> played by the victim, and the murderer was a druggy who wanted to
> rob the victim for some cash.

I did wonder that from the start of this incident being reported, why the tabloids just seemed to be forming their own story. My theory is that they can only read a couple of words before they need to do another line of charlie, so they never get through sentences, resulting in all of their reporting being made up of nothing but key words.
Wed 10/09/08 at 17:11
Regular
Is Crossbob still about? I was hoping he'd have cheered up by now. Ho. Ho.

Anyway, this is ridiculous, as are most stories in the sun, let's be honest.

Any one remember the killing of Stefan Pakeerah in Leicester a few years ago, blamed on Manhunt? The Sun (and Daily Mail I believe) went on the rampage then blaming the game and all the rest of it.

Until it was announced by the police that the game was in fact played by the victim, and the murderer was a druggy who wanted to rob the victim for some cash.

The papers were a bit quite on this side of things. Taken from the above link:
While it's still entirely plausible that LeBlanc was obsessed with the game, as he and Pakeerah were friends, this new information does raise questions about how the 14-year-old Pakeerah was able to obtain a copy of the 18-rated game; and also about the conduct of the British media in reporting on the story.

The tabloid press, in particular the extremist right-wing Daily Mail newspaper, have already been heavily criticised for ignoring the police reports and prosecution statements which gave the motive for the murder as robbery, with LeBlanc killing his younger friend in order to pay back a drugs-related debt. Few tabloid stories made any mention of the drugs angle.
Wed 10/09/08 at 16:59
Regular
Woah, for a moment I thought that was Crossbob.
Wed 10/09/08 at 16:54
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
pete_21 wrote:
> I reckon he's got a collection of crap chav CD's in his house as
> well (all copies of course!).Maybe The Sun should blame his awful
> dress sense and dreadful music taste instead ?.

If the Sun were to go on those sort of stereotypes, it'd mean that every time I listened to Hell Awaits, I'd go off and burn a church... X^D

But yes, look at the other influences as well. And his background in general, or most importantly, mental condition?

And the interesting thing is, the Sun has also praised the game itself, and the fact it was in part developed in the UK. And the reviewer warns adults that it isn't for kids, etc.

I guess that when they want to be patriotic it's fine, but when it comes to "Law and Order" issues it's a little different. Ironic when one writer promotes parental responsibility, and the other goes authoritarian on our a***s.
Wed 10/09/08 at 16:31
Regular
"I like turtles"
All the proof The Scum....sorry Sun needs is here :

A copy of Grand Theft Auto was found at his home by police.

Yeah,he had probably just nicked it from HMV !.

I've got a copy of Gears Of War in my home,so if I decide to ram a chainsaw through someones head I'll just blame it on that !.

I reckon he's got a collection of crap chav CD's in his house as well (all copies of course!).Maybe The Sun should blame his awful dress sense and dreadful music taste instead ?.

Joking aside,even a lame joke of a newspaper like The Sun should not be making any excuses whatsoever for the actions of this scumbag.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.