GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MyFreeola login."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/08/08 at 16:21
"Are you sure?"
It's been mentioned before but things seem to have changed again for me today.

Since the recentish MyFreeola upgrades the login page:
https://secure.freeola.com/myfreeola/login.php stopped remembering my passwords (using IE7) but today I've noticed that it's also stopped storing the userid as well!

Any chance someone can look at this as it's a bit of a pain - unless it's only me?

I look after a few Freeola ADSL clients and all their PCs were able to login to MyFreeola easily but having to remember all their users/passwords will make things harder work for me and them...

Thanks.

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 04/07/15 at 19:38
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Yep I passed this on but it's fairly low priority I'm afraid we just don't have that many visitors using IE8. I hadn't noticed the other point, will try and get that sorted.
Sat 04/07/15 at 18:40
"Are you sure?"
Eccles wrote:
Thank for the feedback Hmmm... I will pass it on to the developer responsible for the login updates. I'm sure they will be thrilled to have to do more bug fixing in IE8! :)

Hi Eccles - did this get passed on or would you like a ticket - OR are you dropping support for IE8 and I'll leave you alone!?

Just to add to this if replying to a forum post (not just IE8) after logging in the visitor is left in their MyFreeola account rather than being offered the old option to 'continue to Freeola' or something similar. Is this just me as I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 04/06/15 at 20:35
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
Thank for the feedback Hmmm... I will pass it on to the developer responsible for the login updates. I'm sure they will be thrilled to have to do more bug fixing in IE8! :)

And even happier when Windows 10 arrives with a new browser ... Microsoft Edge ;¬)
Thu 04/06/15 at 18:27
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Thu 04/06/15 at 17:31
"Are you sure?"
McLong wrote:
The issue with IE not remembering your MyFreeola password [I]should now be resolved.

The problem was caused by a bit of JS code used to hide and reveal additional input fields, and when updating the look of the pages recently we forgot to carry across the JS fix. Hopefully it's all sorted now though.

Can you give this a retry when you get a chance please Hmmm... and let me know how it goes?[/i]

Sorry - old thread!
Freeola, I appreciate IE8 is slowly dying but I still see many people still using IE8 - including mod.uk, Natwest bank and many more!

FYI Your recent changes to the MyFreeola login page have stopped the user credentials being remembered so you might want to look at that as I'm sure you also still have customers on IE8. In fact I know at least half a dozen of your customers that do :¬)

NB. I hadn't seen the 'Login with PayPal' option offered before and didn't realise it was a thing. I'm belt, braces and tin hat (as you know!) so would never recommend that to my clients as they often have trouble spotting a phishing email so are very likely to get caught out with this type of thing. just thinking out loud

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 06/07/10 at 10:52
Regular
How dare you misquote us!

But yes, thanks for that Hmmm... :) muchly appreciated as always.
Tue 06/07/10 at 08:50
"Are you sure?"
Freeola wrote:
>

It's a pleasure, pleased I could help :¬P

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 05/07/10 at 13:40
"Are you sure?"
That looks better :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 05/07/10 at 13:28
Regular
Arrr, that was a little tricky to find. One of the JS files was 404ing, but should be all sorted now :)
Mon 05/07/10 at 12:49
"Are you sure?"
I'm back...

FYI - In IE8, starting a fresh session and visiting https://secure.freeola.com/myfreeola/login.php now shows the SECURE/NON SECURE content warning I mention in my IE8 ramblings post my last update.

EDIT: And FF shows a 'Connection Partially Encrypted' warning due to the non-secure page items.

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.