GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mmmmmmmmmmm, Battlefront 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront II'.
Thu 27/10/05 at 00:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Got my Episode 3 dvd in the post today. While I was looking through the disc with the extras, I noticed it had a demo for Battlefront 2. Even though its a region 1 dvd, I decided to take a chance and load it up anyway and it worked. :-)

Got to play a little on 2 levels. Both are timed and I got to mess around for like 8 minutes on Utupau and also got to try a teaser space mission (Battle over Coruscant) which only lasted like 3 or 4 minutes. Both have me dribbling over getting the full game early next week when it comes out. :-)

Can only imagine what it'll be like to take off from a Stardestroyer and wipe out Rebel scum Cruisers. ;-)

I'm guessing the multiplayer will be similar to before with the teams trying to just take any spawn points they can from eachother. The single player this time seems to be more objective based. You take particular points and have specific targets to take out. I got to mess around a little with Obi Wan and also blasted the crap outta General Grievous before the time was up.

The best I did on the space battle so far was take out a capital ships communications before landing inside it to take out some more targets. Unfortunatly the timer runs out on that one before you can do too much.

Looks like the roll isn't done with the jump button anymore, I haven't found out how to do it in this one yet because the screen with the controls tends to disappear pretty fast. Other than that, the controls are pretty much the same as before. Oh and the B button helps you do the cool rolls on the ships. ;-)

Sod all these clone ships though - gimme a TIE fighter ! ;-)
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 27/10/05 at 00:31
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Got my Episode 3 dvd in the post today. While I was looking through the disc with the extras, I noticed it had a demo for Battlefront 2. Even though its a region 1 dvd, I decided to take a chance and load it up anyway and it worked. :-)

Got to play a little on 2 levels. Both are timed and I got to mess around for like 8 minutes on Utupau and also got to try a teaser space mission (Battle over Coruscant) which only lasted like 3 or 4 minutes. Both have me dribbling over getting the full game early next week when it comes out. :-)

Can only imagine what it'll be like to take off from a Stardestroyer and wipe out Rebel scum Cruisers. ;-)

I'm guessing the multiplayer will be similar to before with the teams trying to just take any spawn points they can from eachother. The single player this time seems to be more objective based. You take particular points and have specific targets to take out. I got to mess around a little with Obi Wan and also blasted the crap outta General Grievous before the time was up.

The best I did on the space battle so far was take out a capital ships communications before landing inside it to take out some more targets. Unfortunatly the timer runs out on that one before you can do too much.

Looks like the roll isn't done with the jump button anymore, I haven't found out how to do it in this one yet because the screen with the controls tends to disappear pretty fast. Other than that, the controls are pretty much the same as before. Oh and the B button helps you do the cool rolls on the ships. ;-)

Sod all these clone ships though - gimme a TIE fighter ! ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.