GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox 360- Core or Deluxe"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/11/05 at 20:58
Regular
The deluxe is 80.00 more, is it worth buying the core or the deluxe for value for money?
Thu 17/11/05 at 07:54
Regular
A bit dirty, isn't it?

I'll need a wireless setup though, as the 360 is going in the Living room this time
Wed 16/11/05 at 19:01
You know, the 360 headsets are only £13 separately at Amazon.

In fact, it's a shame I'm now locked into getting a Premium; I actually want a wired controller, as it's just too much hassles plugging this thing in every few days when I can just have a wire, proving that it's always charged.

Plus the fact I need to pay ANOTHER £15 for a damn charge kit just so I can use the controller properly.
Wed 16/11/05 at 13:11
Regular
"Shamon!"
Bullett wrote:
> I'm not 100% sure that Xbox controllers and headsets will work on the
> 360.
>
> It has controller ports, but I've never seen them so don't know if
> they're the same ports as the normal console. If you can use them,
> then the headsets will work.
>
> As it stands though, there are no slots for the headset connecter
> pack you stick in the top of your standard pad.
>
> Might be best taking a trip to google or whatever to find that out
> for definite, there are quite a few sites where people have taken the
> 360 to pieces and examined the connections/ports etc. :)

Darn it. Looks like the original Xbox controller and headset are not compatabile with the Xbox 360.

Holding fire util the top-level option is available is looking a better option, but my missus is so excited that she can get me a Core one for Xmas, I don't have the heart to tell her!!
Wed 16/11/05 at 13:05
Regular
I'm not 100% sure that Xbox controllers and headsets will work on the 360.

It has controller ports, but I've never seen them so don't know if they're the same ports as the normal console. If you can use them, then the headsets will work.

As it stands though, there are no slots for the headset connecter pack you stick in the top of your standard pad.

Might be best taking a trip to google or whatever to find that out for definite, there are quite a few sites where people have taken the 360 to pieces and examined the connections/ports etc. :)
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:58
Regular
"Shamon!"
Bullett wrote:
> You'd miss out on:
>
> Wireless pad.
> Headset.
> Remote Control
> HDTV/standard combo cable
> Chrome disc tray
> Preloaded goodies on the HDD.
>
> Think that's it. the goodies are just some trailers and an Xbox Live
> Arcade game.
>
> You'd need the new headset too though, if you were bringing your Xbox
> Live account over.

You're a star, I expected a shedload of abuse for asking a stupid question.

So, the only essential item I'd need to purchase additonally would be the Headset, if I got the HD. Can you use your exisiting Xbox controllers with the Xbox 360? How comes the old headset won't work?
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:56
Regular
You'd miss out on:

Wireless pad.
Headset.
Remote Control
HDTV/standard combo cable
Chrome disc tray
Preloaded goodies on the HDD.

Think that's it. the goodies are just some trailers and an Xbox Live Arcade game.

You'd need the new headset too though, if you were bringing your Xbox Live account over.
Wed 16/11/05 at 12:51
Regular
"Shamon!"
Okay, this might be a very silly question, but . . . .

Given the fact that it's very unlikely now that you'll be able to get the Top Level pack in time for Xmas, I'm considering getting the Core pack with a 20Gb HD, which comes out at about the same sort of price.

I'm told by someone at a certain computer store that the only thing I'd be missing then would be a wireless joypad. I've already got Xbox Live, so i assume that'll work on the Core Edition Xbox 360?

Basically, my question is - if I can't get the Top Level package for Xmas, and instead someone opts to buy me the Core Edition plus a removable HD, what would I miss out on that's essential, and is this really a good option?

(I'm not fussed about the remote control, removable facias, etc etc - as fara s I can tell, it's just the wireless pad, and I'd have to buy a SCART lead - but you have to do that with the top package anyway?)
Wed 09/11/05 at 21:16
Regular
Touché
Wed 09/11/05 at 20:55
Regular
"8==="
Yeah I'm going to sell drugs to afford it too.
Wed 09/11/05 at 20:52
Regular
A "user" situation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.