GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmmmmmmmmm...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/11/05 at 02:45
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
[URL]http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27568[/URL]
Fri 11/11/05 at 14:04
"High polygon count"
hippyman wrote:
> At least Microsoft offered gamers a chance to get the 360 backwards
> compatible for an extra cost.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with what's being discussed here...?
Fri 11/11/05 at 12:10
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Sony are going to pot. If they do this no-one will buy the console. At least Microsoft offered gamers a chance to get the 360 backwards compatible for an extra cost. That was bad enough, but Sony are just being plain stupid.
Fri 11/11/05 at 12:00
Regular
Yes, it would render the Warranty void, but those clever nerds have managed to get chipped Xboxes to work on Xbox Live.
Fri 11/11/05 at 11:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Thereby rendering a warantee void or something, or restricting online play.
Fri 11/11/05 at 07:19
Regular
It's quite possible that if this comes about, hackers/modders will be able to crack the 'code-reading' part of the PS3 and allow any game to be played, regardless of whether it has a fresh code or not.
Fri 11/11/05 at 01:30
"High polygon count"
I read this elsewhere a few days ago.

Other comments suggested that it would never get off the ground in many places, as it contravenes "fair use" laws in no end of countries. i.e. once you own something, it is your right to sell it on if you so choose.

Regarding the PS3, while initially a "good idea" (for Sony) in that it forces everyone who wants a game to buy their own copy at full price, it would quite obviously affect sales adversely in the long run.

Not only could you not sell on, but nor could you trade in. Things such as GAME's 10-day money-back guarantee would be rendered useless. It would just affect too much.

Everyone knows I'm a huge Sony fan, but if Sony were to install this technology on PS3, even I would find myself seriously reconsidering buying one.

But then, just because it's been patented doesn't mean anything other than they want to protect their idea. There are thousands of patents issued for things which never reach the market.

This is, however, something for all the software pirates out there to think about, as it is inevitably a result of their actions.
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Cause in the Sony forum, they'd probably whine that I was having a cheap pop at them. Plus this affects the XBox 360 in terms of sales, so it can be posted in here. ;-)
Thu 10/11/05 at 21:36
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Why in the Xbox forum?
Thu 10/11/05 at 20:41
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
They wouldnt do this.........would they? It just sounds so dumb!
Thu 10/11/05 at 17:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Basically, it's a very annoying idea.

I.e I hope Sony do it and get pwned.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.