GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bands you love to hate"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/09/06 at 13:28
"possibly impossible"
So, we all hate certain bands. I'm sure there are moments when you're listening to the radio and an artist comes on who you detest.

So get it off your chest here. Why do they annoy you so much? What would you like to do with them?

My current pet hate:

Scissor Sisters
Gah! From the moment I heard the screeching wails of the very bad Pink Floyd cover, I knew this band would make my ears bleed. Sounding like a cross between the Beegees with something shoved up their rear ends and Elton John at his worst, they make cats sound good.

But it's not just their music. The fact that they play the gay card with so much (gay?) abandon is annoying. Fine, so they're gay, get over it. They end up coming across like some supporting cast for a Carry On film.
Sat 23/09/06 at 22:48
Regular
I've not listened to much new stuff in aaages.

I think there's a new Mr Scruff album out soon (or now), which I'll pick up out of collecting.

I'm also keeping an eye out for the rest of the Best of System F & Gouryella collection (parts 3 and 4 to come).

I stumbled across an old CD by a weird singer who I need to check up on.

And someone recommended me some south american singer, but I can't remember her name.

Maybe one day I'll listen to the radio again.
Sat 23/09/06 at 19:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
-Agress with Alfonse and pb-

The Automatic have one use though: lyrics you can easily change.

"What's that coming over the hill? Is it a fat chick? She must be with Nick!"
Wed 20/09/06 at 16:19
Regular
Lost Prophets. Their songs are repeated so much on Kerrang, it just kaes me want to vomit.

The Automatic. Annoying tunes. Catchy crap, the worst kind of crap.
Wed 20/09/06 at 13:24
"possibly impossible"
Ah, if we're talking Genres, then Techno and Drum and Bass would be on my list. There's just NO point to them.

I mean, for all their faults, at least emo bands are driven by something (even if it is cutting their wrists).

Oh, and any artist that plays any annoying tune which repeats a beat over and over again with little in the way of a tune (see phat beat and its ilk for an example). Surely all that takes is a copy of Dance Ejay and a hand to hold a mouse?
Wed 20/09/06 at 00:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Machiavelli wrote:
> All emo bands that teens listen to, Metallica, Green Day, Good
> Charlotte, Funeral for a Friend etc. They can all go jump off a
> cliff
>
> *raises eyebrow*

Anything that i can define as "we so angry, listen to us shout and make much noise to express our anger" is angsty teenage bull***t. Metallica should be old enough to have gotten over that crap. I cant stand that f***ing "WE RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWK" attitude either, it's a tiresome American cliche that was outdated in the 80's, these days it's just sad.
Wed 20/09/06 at 00:37
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well Metallica have only been lica for quite some time now.

I don't really hate any bands. I hardly expose myself to the radio or music channels anymore so most of what I hear is stuff I'm choosing to hear. I used to really hate some bands, but then you read interviews with them and you think "they're actually a really cool group of people". Except the guitarists in The Kooks, I think it was, who were a right bunch of nobends. Not that I've ever heard their music (or want to) but their attitude stinks.
And some emo band where the guitarist was like "I invented this *stage move involving jumping a bit to the left and then turning round blah blah blah* and it makes me so angry when other people use it, omg." Can't remember who that was now, but he was seriously lame.
Tue 19/09/06 at 21:29
Regular
"8==="
I don't think he meant musically, I think he meant some of their actions are quite emo such as going into therapy and all the crying over St Anger and the lawsuits over mp3 downloads wahhhdey waah waah wahh.

ie They're quite whingey and not very 'metal'. :D
Tue 19/09/06 at 20:54
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Emo band...Metallica? DOES NOT COMPUTE
Tue 19/09/06 at 19:49
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Machiavelli wrote:
> All emo bands that teens listen to, Metallica, Green Day, Good
> Charlotte, Funeral for a Friend etc. They can all go jump off a
> cliff

*raises eyebrow*
Tue 19/09/06 at 16:15
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Chr1s wrote:
> I hate The Kooks, Arctic Monkeys and all other bands of that
> genre. They make the most ear-rapingly bad music I've ever
> heard.

Thats called Indie music, and i love it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.