GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it real or is it fake?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/11/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Darkness Falls"
Hi

If this has been posted before then I apologise...

I am very excited on the upcoming PlayStation 3. I am sure many of you have seen the footage shown at E3 2005, and judging by the graphics on some titles such as Motorstorm and Killzone, many are wondering if this is real gameplay footage or pre-rendered animations.

I for one believe it can very much be the real footage of gameplay direct from the PS3 hardwware.

Does anyone here suppose it could be fake?

As a hardcore gamer, I do hope this is the graphics capabillity of the PS3. If what has been seen in those games are true to its date, then I guess it would be safe to assume that PS3 might be a lot more powerful than the XBOX 360.

Having said that, I really do like the XBOX 360. I have one pre-ordered and can't wait to play those great games - games such as Project Gotham Racing 3, Kameo, and Gears Of War, to name a few.

So do you think the footage at E3 was real for Motorstorm and Killzone?

I sure hope so.
Thu 17/11/05 at 10:54
Regular
"Catch it!"
Xbox 360 so much stuff to do on it.
Wed 16/11/05 at 21:01
Regular
"You have a choice"
Damn right!!!! XBox 360 looks good, but can it beat THAT??????

Mesa no think so!
Wed 16/11/05 at 20:59
Regular
"Darkness Falls"
Lukeman wrote:
> Bullett wrote:
> claimed to be in-game.
>
>So if Gurilla stand up and say
> "This is in-game", I think we should take their word for it

It has been confirmed during a video interview with the developers that this is in-game footage.

I think it is going to rock the gaming industry and turn some heads doing it
Wed 16/11/05 at 20:46
Regular
"You have a choice"
Bullett wrote:
> claimed to be in-game.

The magical words. No company advertises something that's not true...there are too many concequences. People don't trust them any more, not to mention the lagal stuff. So if Gurilla stand up and say "This is in-game", I think we should take their word for it and say "Holy F**K! thats amazing!" and look forward to the game when it comes out!
Wed 16/11/05 at 17:54
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yeah I don't think the game would be such greats for when playing it.
Wed 16/11/05 at 13:39
Regular
Those videos were pre-rendered. So therefore fake, since they were claimed to be in-game.
Wed 16/11/05 at 00:00
Regular
"Catch it!"
Graphics look so human like on PS3.
Tue 15/11/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Darkness Falls"
C®ø§$ Bób wrote:
> Killzone bloody great.

Could not agree more

Certainly the best looking game so far

Lets hope it stays that way
Tue 15/11/05 at 19:52
Regular
"Catch it!"
Killzone bloody great.
Tue 15/11/05 at 18:43
Regular
"Darkness Falls"
Twain wrote:
> I think it is very real. have you seen the graphics for the new MGS
> games that's planned for it? A screenshot of Otacon could be mistaken
> for a real person!
>
> But personally, I'm more of a Nintendo fan. I do have a PS2, which i
> hated, and the PS3 doesn't appeal to me either.
>
> Remember, you can argue. It is only my opinion.

Opinions are more than welcome

I liked your response.

I prefer just about any game or console as long as it appeals to me

And I have seen the trailer for MGS4 on PS3. It looks amazing, and it is 100% gameplay - u can tell. And that's how it should look. It's amazingly real.

Allthough, Killzone does look completely different, showing the same powerful capabillities of true PS3 power, but on a different scale to MGS4, which makes people think it was fake. Mainly because it looked more like a pre-rendered FMV sequence as opposed to official gameplay footage.

But I back Killzone and MGS4 anyday.

PS3 rocks! Big time!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.