GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Save Mr. Nice Guy campaign"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/08/02 at 18:52
Regular
Poor Mr. Nice Guy can't get ADSL in his area, because he's 2 miles away from the exchange point. He was thinking of getting ISDN, but it all failed miserably, because it would cost £70 more then ADSL to install, then about £400 more a month to have 128k connection, which is nothing compared to the 512k connection of ADSL. So, Mr. Nice Guy was just going through the forums and he saw a link for Freeola ADSL, which I must say is mighty cheap for what you get and a great idea. So, Mr. Nice Guy goes through all the stuff, and sees you can fill in a form, which then gets sent to BT to show you're interest and if there's enough internet, they'll install ADSL in my area.

So, come on ladies. Pop over to the below link and make up some false name and just make sure your phone number is 01359 23xxxx then replace the x's with any numbers you like. For what you do today, will echo in eterniny, and you'll have my eternal blessings. And if this fails, then I'll volunteer people to catapult themselves at BT HQ.

http://freeola.com/adsl/adsl_signup_2.php
Sun 04/08/02 at 14:18
Regular
Rickyfire wrote:
> In the village I live in, BT have said that they need 500 people to
> pre-register!! It's never going to happen!!! Poor poor me, I'll just
> have to stick with my painfully slow 25K connection!

same here atcually, Except mines slightly faster at 30k. I feel your pain
Sun 04/08/02 at 14:15
Regular
do what Mr. Nice Guy says, or i will come round to your houses and poison your pets. I will also paint all your lightbulbs black, so that when you turn on the lights, the room will get darker. Aha ha ha ha ha!
Sun 04/08/02 at 00:47
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
Hercules! wrote:
> 25K!!!!
>
> That must be a joke!
>
> LOL!

Unfortunately not!! It really is that slow, because of the wiring in this area and the exchange!!
Sun 04/08/02 at 00:40
Regular
"Hmmm....."
25K!!!!

That must be a joke!

LOL!
Sun 04/08/02 at 00:35
Regular
"Mm reprocessed meat"
In the village I live in, BT have said that they need 500 people to pre-register!! It's never going to happen!!! Poor poor me, I'll just have to stick with my painfully slow 25K connection!
Sat 03/08/02 at 20:00
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
mikelar wrote:

> I'm on 'Kingy Commy' as well...dial-up though because I'm not a rich
> ponce.
>
> It's not easy being poor y'know...

I'm also on Kingston Communication but I dial in to the University so it only coats me 5p until they chuck me off (usually about 6hrs)
Sat 03/08/02 at 07:47
Dringo wrote:
> Lawless Fever wrote:
> Done :)
>
> Do you remember a time when i wasn't blocked?

I'M NOT BLOCKING YOU!!!

:)
Sat 03/08/02 at 01:06
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Longster wrote:
> Well i tryed to do it but there was some kind of error said there was
> a problem with the address you put up

I had that. Just change it from http://freeola.com/adsl/adsl_signup_2.php to http://freeola.com/adsl/adsl_signup_1.php and it works.

(change the 'signup_2' bit to 'signup_1')
Sat 03/08/02 at 01:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That was because AOL is rubbish.
Sat 03/08/02 at 01:00
Regular
"WWJD"
Well i tryed to do it but there was some kind of error said there was a problem with the address you put up

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.