GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF Royal Rumble"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/07/02 at 17:39
Regular
Has anyone got this game for DC? If so is it any good?

Ive seen it for only a fiver and am thinking of getting it but I need some opinions first!
Fri 26/07/02 at 00:23
Regular
"Hmmm....."
The Fire Pro which I was talking about was Fire Pro Advance (for the GBA obviously)

:)
Fri 26/07/02 at 00:19
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Actually, my MSN isnt working at all..... it says im not connected to the net and just wont let me on.

:(

Fire Pro is great because there are tons of wrestlers with the Edit-A-Wrestler thing aswell. Theres loads of moves which look awesome. The sounds are great. Theres a good few modes and everything.
I like it because its got a proper grapple system where you have to grapple before you do each move except running attacks.

Seeing as though its on a small screen, all this lot looks really cute but very impressive. The move animations are spot on and actually look like they are painful. There is a system where you get tired as the match goes on aswell and you have to use the rest button to gain energy and everything.

Its just the best actual 'wrestling' simulator ive played.

Ever watched a match on TV which had no gimmicks (e.g. ladder match) or anything like that added to it but was just a really good match? Well, all the matches on Fire Pro that ive had are like that. Top notch.

Plus, its rather difficult so gives some competition.

Just brilliant.

Cant wait for another one of the series!

Hope that helped.
Fri 26/07/02 at 00:12
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I cant see u online.

my msn

[email protected]
Fri 26/07/02 at 00:10
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Yeah, just come on MSN now and I will chat about it.

Fri 26/07/02 at 00:08
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
r u online now on MSN?

This is more or less a live chat. lol

The controls are quite similar eg. press left, up, right, down and a button to execute a grapple. same buttons for punch kick etc.

So, tell me what makes fire pro so good?
Fri 26/07/02 at 00:05
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I dont really think they are actually.

Seriously, you must play Fire Pro..... its one of my favourite wrestling games.

And yes.

Seeing as though there arent many people in this forum i'll stick it up.

[email protected]

Fri 26/07/02 at 00:03
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
The controls are very similar to Smackdown.

Actually i really wanna play fire pro wrestling!!

By the way Hercules, r u on MSN?
Thu 25/07/02 at 23:57
Regular
"Hmmm....."
What I dont like about it?

The control system - grappling system etc.

Thats about it but the poor controls took all the fun out of it, too much hassle and everything.

Go play Fire Pro Wrestling and tell me what you think. Its great.

Thu 25/07/02 at 23:55
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
I agree Hercules, its Mattyboys decision.

And it jsut goes to prove that we all have different opinions. Liquid and I both think WWF Royal rumble is very good, not amazing, but good for £5.

However, I dont see how you find it rubbish? What do you find rubbish about it? The only reason I can think of it being a bit poor is because it has lack of depth! Otherwise its just like any other smackdown game!!

Royal rumble has everything else apart from specialty matches. If it did it would play and be almost like Smackdown!
Thu 25/07/02 at 22:16
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Why do you say that I dont like wrestling games?

They are my favourite games you fool.

But Royal Rumble is really really poor. At the time is was ok at the very best I suppose.

Seriously, theres loads of wrestling games that are better than RR.

Smackdown 1, 2 & 3,
No Mercy,
Wrestlemania 2000 (GBC & N64),
Fire Pro Wrestling Advance (and the whole series - best games ever!).

I just wouldnt bother buying it, even for a fiver.

Like I said, i'd rather give my mate a fiver and get a CD off him with a GBA emulator and Fire Pro on it..... much much better.

Fire Pro games are probably the best wrestling games out. Cant wait for the PS2 version.

Anyways, ive told you what I think but its your choice. If you want to waste a fiver then thats fine by me..... its only a fiver.

Do whatever you like.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.